MCAT again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVgirl22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...I know everyone asks the same thing...what are my chances? I am trying to decide if I should take the MCAT for the FOURTH time or not. My undergrad gpa was 3.54 and I recently just received my Masters in biomed sciences and my gpa was 2.82 unfortunately. My MCAT scores have been 22,23, and 23 again. I REALLY want to go to OCPM so should I re-take the MCAT again?

Members don't see this ad.

You could probably get an invite somewhere...

I thought essentially all Master's programs required at least a 3.0 to graduate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste the money. You won't do significantly better and you don't need it to get an interview (and probably a same day acceptance if you apply super early in the cycle).

Be prepared to discuss your terrible Masters GPA however.

Don't waste the money. You won't do significantly better and you don't need it to get an interview (and probably a same day acceptance if you apply super early in the cycle).

Be prepared to discuss your terrible Masters GPA however.

Seconded.

average mcat at ocpm is 22 apply in august and you'll do fine

Sent from my SPH-D600 using SDN Mobile

Thanks everyone. And the minimum to graduate was a 2.75 which was surprising since it was at Midwestern University. I had a rough year with family deaths and sister in and out of the hospital. I can definitely explain why my gpa was very low.

I have two things to say.

If you applied straight out of undergrad, with your GPA and an MCAT of 22 you definitely would've gotten in somewhere.

Even now, a 23 is a good score by pod school standards.

I think you will get interviews to a lot of places and will garnish a few acceptances. Don't worry about it.

Plus, a 2.8 in a masters program isn't great but its not terrible.

Secondly, I've been told that if you score relatively the same on two MCATs then you are statistically unlikely to score significantly better on your 3rd, 4th MCAT, etc.

Agree with all the above on the MCAT. You got the minimum for OCPM so don't sweat a 23 too much. Also that undergrad GPA is fine and even though it was below a 3.0 I'm guessing it was some kind of post-bac pre-med masters so probably some med school classes involved which is always a plus. If you don't plan to apply this year (honestly I have no idea when the deadline is) you might want to check this link out.

http://www.ocpm.edu/?page=admission-internships

Just another thing that would help boost the resume.

I would go with what the majority is saying here stick with the 23 it'll leave you with the bonus of applying earlier not to mention you probably will score another 23. I would ask why you did a masters instead of applying straight out but that doesnt really matter much now im sure you will get in somewhere :thumbup:.

Post again and let us know how your process goes for anyone else who may end up in a similar position,