This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAmeliaEarhart

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone through the process to get accomodations to pump breast milk during the MCAT? I'm fine pumping during the 30 minute break but AAMC Accomodations suggested applying for accomodations otherwise they can't guarantee a private room for me to pump in. I have to follow the guidelines for physical disability, which includes getting a letter from my physician documenting my "disability" and the accomodations I need. Has anyone gone through the steps to officially get accomodations for this? Is it worth it or can I just bring my breast pump and pump in the restroom if needed?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Props to you for tackling the MCAT while taking care of your child at the same time. That’s a truly impressive feat.

If you simply need a private room, you might be able to ask the proctors if there’s any breastfeeding room in the building. There was one next to the bathroom in the building where I took mine.

Reactions: 2 users
Props to you for tackling the MCAT while taking care of your child at the same time. That’s a truly impressive feat.

If you simply need a private room, you might be able to ask the proctors if there’s any breastfeeding room in the building. There was one next to the bathroom in the building where I took mine.
Thank you! I'm hoping that's the case at my testing location. 🤞🏻

I got the nursing Mom accommodation. All I needed was a letter from my doctor stating I was nursing, and to fill out the application for accommodation. It allowed for 30 minute breaks between sections. Just a heads up, the nursing area for my test center was in the basement and it was a tight timeline to exit the testing room, get to the basement, pump, use the restroom, and get back into my seat within 30 minutes. I lost 1.5 minutes from my CARS section because I was "late" coming back from pumping, so practice your system and you'll be ok! solidarity, fellow Premed Mom!

Reactions: 1 user