Mayo dropping advantage plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pain Applicant1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go Mayo!

I'm glad these policies are finally being called out for what they are: dirty little tricks the slimy insurance companies play. I'd love to see some jail time for some of the execs but unfortunately it's all civil.

Don't forget to include Medicaid changing of plans without informing the doctor, unreasonable span dates, insurance take backs of up to three years (especially when our timely filling is usually at most one year).

"Medicare Advantage plans have been under increasing scrutiny and investigation because so many of them have been accused by federal agencies of denying care, exaggerating the severity of illnesses to pull billions more from Medicare, and delaying care with lengthy prior authorization requirements."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Nice.. I tell my patients they are disadvantage plans.. I wish I could stop taking them at my hospital.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’m still working on getting my partners to agree to not see advantage patients at all.

The more doctors that don’t take it the better. It’s the only way to convince the government to only allow regular Medicare.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users