Mayo & Cleveland Clinics, UMich

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jive Turkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of #'s do you need to get into the Mayo and Cleveland Clinic, and UMich IM programs?

Any comments (even heresay info) would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend who matched into Mayo at rochester. He had 251 in step 1, around the same for step2

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Cleveland Clinic accepts IMG's pretty regularly.

According to the AMSA review of the program.

he was an img

Yes, Cleveland Clinic does accept quite a few IMGs. There are a couple of students from my school there. What I do hear that Cleveland Clinic isn't that great a program (the case western programs are better), and that it's mainly dependent on the clinic's reputation. You can get a phat cardio fellowship afterwards, though.

Cleveland has a reputation of signing a lot of their residents out-of-match, but that'll end pretty soon...

I'm a 4th yr about to start this whole ERAS process and am interested in cleveland clinic, but my main question is with a score on the usmle step one of low 80s, where types of programs will I be competitive too?

It's hard to figure out where you stand and which programs one has a shot at getting into. Obviously, I've taken myself out of contention at the big name places, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Smallville