May I ask some questions on Des Moines area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scorching

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, first of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to view this thread. Thanks.:)

1. Could you recommend preschool in Des Moines area?
  2. Could you also recommend any summar camp or summar program for a preschooler in the area?
  3. Would any one of you happen to know a nice furnished place that I can rent for a short term? Preferably three beds and two bathrooms..?
Thank you again for your answers, and for taking a look at this thread. :)
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was hoping to receive some help for my pregnant friend who will be living in Des Moines area for 3 months. :D

She is due in late May, and she plans to move in the beginning of May from North Carolina. Since she is due soon after she arrives at Des Moines, she is a bit concerned about which hospital to choose. :scared: Would anyone of you be able to help ... and give some advice as to which of the two following hospitals would be more pregnant lady friendly?

I know both would be excellent choice, but.. I think my friend would have a peace of mind knowing that actually someone has recommended or has given a good word about the place.. The choices she has are...

Broadlawns Medical Center
Iowa Health Des Moines Lutheran

Thank you so much..

:):):)

Hello, first of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to view this thread. Thanks.:)

2. Could you also recommend any summar camp or summar program for a preschooler in the area?
  3. Would any one of you happen to know a nice furnished place that I can rent for a short term? Preferably three beds and two bathrooms..?

I am partial on this since I am engaged to one of the teachers but A Child's World in West Des Moines is a good Preschool...

http://www.achildsworldjc.com/

Members don't see this ad :)
If she can tell her to have her baby at Mercy!

Seriously! Their maternity building is brand new.

It's more like a hotel stay than a hospital stay.

I have to agree w/ misparas. Mercy's Mother-Baby Unit is brand new & absolutely gorgeous.

The vast majority of the staff there are great & very friendly.

Thank you!! Hmm. . . it sounds like a bummer for my friend though as she has specifically said that their insurance won't be covered at Mercy. How is that possible though?!? Is it possible? I hope it was I who misunderstood what my friend said, so she'll be taken a good care of at Mercy!! :) Thanks again!! :thumbup:

We have had two children at Methodist and loved it. The floor has been completely renovated and our room was fantastic both times. A lot of one on one attention. You can't go wrong. Good luck!

If you are planning education for your preschooler, my recommendation would be to find a place in Johnston. It has the best schools in the area, seriously.

http://www.greatschools.net/city/Johnston/IA

If you are planning education for your preschooler, my recommendation would be to find a place in Johnston. It has the best schools in the area, seriously.

http://www.greatschools.net/city/Johnston/IA

Thank you for the information!! My friend wishes me to say sincere thank you's to you FutureNavyFP of course, and all others who have kindly taken time to answer this post! :love: