"MAY" ELIGIBILITY EXAM...Q'z 4 "SEPTEMBER" Plzzz !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unlimitedideaz

cardiodontist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi every1 who have written the May 2006 Eligibility Exam, All the Best for your results...
can u pls post any questions that u remember u've written,it may be of help to all writing in September...
Thans in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

HI,
can anybody tell me what this exarm is...?
never heard abt it before....
Please help.

Dushyant said:
HI,
can anybody tell me what this exarm is...?
never heard abt it before....
Please help.

This exam is for the Canadian citizens or permanent residents who want to get into an Advanced Standing Program or Qualifying Program at the Canadian dental schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
cheer_up said:
This exam is for the Canadian citizens or permanent residents who want to get into an Advanced Standing Program or Qualifying Program at the Canadian dental schools.

Is there a big difference between Advance Standing & Qualifying Programme.
Thanks in advance

unlimitedideaz said:
Is there a big difference between Advance Standing & Qualifying Programme.
Thanks in advance

The difference between the two is that you will be awarded an degree for the ASP and for the Qualifying Programme, you'll only get a certificate. Now, if you only want to practise in Canada, it doesn't matter which one you get. However, the US (as far as I know, and you may want to double check on this) do not recognize the Canadian dental certificate at the present. So, this means that you won't be able to practise in the US with a certificate if you change your mind later on.

Hi

This is still unofficial till posted on the websites of the schools but very soon all school will be offering Degrees and so the qualifying programs will also be degree programs.

I hope this cheers up all EE takers.

hi guys
i'm nt sure ab wo,but everywhere else they r giving degrees now.

As far as I know all schools have changed to degree programs including UWO.
And the persons with qualifying program certificate can practice in U.S also as all schools provide additional certificate which states that, it is equivalent to degree( the person already in qualifying program told me).

Pheonix said:
As far as I know all schools have changed to degree programs including UWO.
And the persons with qualifying program certificate can practice in U.S also as all schools provide additional certificate which states that, it is equivalent to degree( the person already in qualifying program told me).

The UWO still has the words "Qualifying Program" in their website. However, I guess it doesn't matter much if or since even with a certificate, one will be able to practise anywhere in North America.

UWO has conducted an official meeting & officially announced that they will be awarding degrees this year.. may be they have not updated their website.
cheer_up said:
The UWO still has the words "Qualifying Program" in their website. However, I guess it doesn't matter much if or since even with a certificate, one will be able to practise anywhere in North America.

The following are concepts - not real questions - but they do get the point across...

1. girls complete mandibular growth 100% by age 13.
2. when to treat anterior crossbites - ASAP.
3. consequence of premature loss of maxillary deciduous incisor - little consequence.
4. cleidocranial dysostosis.
5. treatment for submerger primary teeth - observe, no treatment
6. how do you know a malocclusion is skeletal or dental in nature?
7. when does an anterior open bite resolve - when a habit stops.
8. palatal canines
9. regarding removable applicance... where is the centre of the tooth during tipping movements? - apical half
10. treatment of intruded teeth - observe, they tend to spontaneously erupt
11. non vital tooth, open apex, undergoes trauma... treatment? Ca-hydroxide

shriya1975 said:
How to get into QP?

Now it is no longer a QP in Canada for F.T.D. it's going to be D.D.S from this year.
Please click on these links. You get to know about everything in detail.
www.acfd.ca
www.ndeb.ca

well...we got some...

1.inverted y in radio graph
2.study in out about serial extraction.there were 2or 3 from serial extractions
like indication and contra indication\
3.poissettes envelope,they had given the diagram asked us which point is the
intercuspal distance

hi
does anyone knows about any clinical courses to prepare for APP (DDS) clinical test for canadian universities

cheer_up said:
The difference between the two is that you will be awarded an degree for the ASP and for the Qualifying Programme, you'll only get a certificate. Now, if you only want to practise in Canada, it doesn't matter which one you get. However, the US (as far as I know, and you may want to double check on this) do not recognize the Canadian dental certificate at the present. So, this means that you won't be able to practise in the US with a certificate if you change your mind later on.
hi ru there