Air Force Match Statistics for USAF Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mecidimes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, 2019 USAF HPSP here. Does anyone know how to access match rates for military residencies in the USAF?

I know that the HPERB document gives the number of slots for each residency that the Air Force offers, but that information isn't really helpful when I don't know how many people applied to each slot. For instance, there were 34 slots offered for Emergency Medicine in 2016, but I heard from a third-year here that the match rate was around 50% (since a lot of military docs want to do EM). On the other hand, there were 4 slots for neurosurgery offered, but for all I know there could have just been a handful of applicants to those spots.

Link to HPERB: http://www.airforcemedicine.af.mil/...ERB/CONSOLIDATED_HPERB/HPERB_CONSOLIDATED.pdf

If anyone knows how to find match data like this, then that info will be extremely helpful for those of us still undecided on a specialty. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

If you PM me your email I can send you a slideshow that has the 2015 match statistics. I don't think they've released this year's stats yet.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I am interested in those stats as well. Can you send that to me? thanks I will try to pm you my email address.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am surprised that the Air Force would release match statistics. Historically, the AF has been very against letting anyone know the results as it was discouraging to medical students to see how low the match rates were. If you send them to me, I will gladly post them here.

Reactions: 1 users
I am surprised that the Air Force would release match statistics. Historically, the AF has been very against letting anyone know the results as it was discouraging to medical students to see how low the match rates were. If you send them to me, I will gladly post them here.

Sure, just need your email address

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi! I just PM'ed you my email. Could you please send me the statistics as well?