Match Results Dermatology 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

advisee

2009!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think of posting on this thread to keep things simpler. Credit goes to Long Dong for keeping this legacy alive on SDN...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yay! i got the email 9 minutes earlier than expected!!

Congrats to all!!! :)

I matched, wooohooooooo!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Praise the Lord! I also matched! It's a miracle!

Pumped to see that alot of you matched! Congratulations!! I matched as well! We're in.

Waiting to hear from so many: pemphigirl, drgruntled, dermocrat and others that are escaping my mind now. Common share the news!

Congrats to all! :thumbup: You are lucky, iluvskin. :)

I am so deleriously happy right now.

Official list? I never get tired of saying this...I'm going to be a dermatologist!

Congrats to all. Seems like most of the peeps on SDN have matched. :D

Congrats to all, esp the OP. Now get off the internet and go get faded and then x-rated.

Official list? I never get tired of saying this...I'm going to be a dermatologist!

Congrats to all. Seems like most of the peeps on SDN have matched. :D

Yes SDN peeps are rockstars, welcome all you future dermatologist.

Again congrats to all you guys/gals. I know yous excited and all but I hope yous don't mind I merge some of these matched threads later on down the line.

thank you guys so much. i read all the posts here everyday and you really helped me go through this crazy process. i am in cloud 9!!!

yes, i do know where i am going. i wish you all well on thursday. may you got your top picks!

Thanks Long Dong!

Thanks for long conversation last night on the chat!

I did not match.

I am shocked.

I did not get a prelim spot either.

I am so embarassed.

how many IVs?

I did not match.

I am shocked.

I am so embarassed.

Sincerely very sorry to hear. Do not be embarrassed because this happens to TONS of people, and there are still lots of roads to Derm if you decide that's still what you want to do. Best wishes.

I did not match.

I am shocked.

I am so embarassed.

I am sorry to hear that. There is nothing to be embarrased about. Derm is ultra-competitive and lots of great applicants don't match the first time. Best of luck.

I am sorry to hear that. There is nothing to be embarrased about. Derm is ultra-competitive and lots of great applicants don't match the first time. Best of luck.

Agree. Our prayers and wishes are with you. There are at least a half dozen spots to be given out outside the match in the next couple of weeks. I hope one is for you!

Long dong, you seriously need to cut back on the booze.... not even remembering chatting last night? j/k... stinks that people do that on a friendly chatroom...

Matched! Guess you can tell them that you want to go into derm for the lifestyle after all ;)

Long dong, you seriously need to cut back on the booze.... not even remembering chatting last night? j/k... stinks that people do that on a friendly chatroom...

But it helps with my tremor when I'm in procedure clinic (j/k) and makes me braver with the ladies (not kidding).

Huh, sorry but that wasn't me I. I hope who ever it was represented me well.

LD, same thing happened to me last night... I went into the chat and someone was impersonating me... so lame.

anyway, i matched!!! party time :D

Assembling match list to post:

Please PM me on Thursday and I will keep running post.

dermie09, do not despair. PM me or LongDong and we can try helping. You need to scramble for a prelim spot and derm spot if the latter is available. Prelims are not easy to get, actually, so do not be embarrassed.

Assembling match list to post:

Please PM me on Thursday and I will keep running post.

dermie09, do not despair. PM me or LongDong and we can try helping. You need to scramble for a prelim spot and derm spot if the latter is available. Prelims are not easy to get, actually, so do not be embarrassed.

you guys have an email address that we can send the information to?

Agree. Our prayers and wishes are with you. There are at least a half dozen spots to be given out outside the match in the next couple of weeks. I hope one is for you!

what is the best way of finding outside the match spots and applying for these?

what is the best way of finding outside the match spots and applying for these?

1: word of mouth
2: your home PD. The news about open spots, new spots, outside the match spots first get circulated among the PDs.
3: FindAResident site sponsored by AAMC, only if above two do not fill it.
4. Network within the small world of Derm to watch out for new or growing programs.

Huh, sorry but that wasn't me I. I hope who ever it was represented me well.

I think you were well represented.... If you want to see for yourself, some phrases from "pseudo-Long Dong" are still there in the chat. Check out for yourself....S/he was very willinglingly advising others.

SOOOOOO EXCITED! I will be training somewhere awesome, and it is in NYC!!!

:soexcited::clap::banana::biglove::highfive:

where's the match list????!!! I want to meet my future co-res's!!!
(I realize this takes time to compile... just excited!)

Dude, it's up! (Sheesh.)

Two places:

(1) "Derm match cycles 1999 - 2008" (I changed the title of the original starter post to "Derm match cycles 1999 - 2009" but it's not refected yet in the main title of the thread on the first forum page. I've asked Long Dong to help me fix this.)

(2) "Match list 2009 is up"

Please know that it is cumbersome to update and so I will be batching and doing this every other day.

Last edited: