Match Day Countdown!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting read! Thanks for doing the survey, Steve!

Members don't see this ad.

My program called me at 2pm last year because they didn't get out of OR till afternoon. Longest few hours ever :)

Ppl check your emails.

Just got the e-mail - MATCHED!!! I'm honestly so relieved and excited!

Congrats to everyone else!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! The suspense!!!!! Congrats to everyone else too!!

NOW I feel comfortable joining the facebook group... Congratulations to everyone!

Matched!! Super relieved!! Congrats to u all!!

I'll be joining da fb page too :)

Would anyone share which program has called? I know Wills and UPMC called.

I matched! Via email. Don't know where but such a weight off my shoulders

matched!!! this is awesome!!!!!!!! congrats guys/gals!!

I'm a 3rd year student here. Which programs didn't fill their spots in this year's SF match? Last year's match had 3 unfilled spots. Thank you.

I think information regarding unfilled positions will be released today.

From an email I received in December:

"Thursday, January 16th, 2014
  • 9:00 AM PST Any programs with unfilled positions will be listed as having vacancies on our website unless otherwise requested by the respective unmatched program."

Why do we have to wait a week for the matches? shouldn't the computer like spit it out instantaneously? :'(

You have a point. Not sure why that is. Being in the pacific time zone, I'm more bothered that the email arrives at 4 am. So much for sleeping Tuesday morning.

It takes approximately a week for Alan Turing's severed right hand to be delivered from the UK to SF so that it can be used to activate the Match program in the Colossus computer the SF Match purchased from the English goverment....plus minus a few days for arguably the world's first electronic computer to spit out the results...

Reactions: 2 users
all jokes aside, why DOES it take a week (or a month, for NRMP) for a computer to run an algorithm? or hell, 3 weeks to score a multiple-choice USMLE test? it baffles me. it's friggin 2015!

On the other hand, the regular match makes you wait a month!