Match 2005: Pathology residency applicants (Step 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How well did you do on Step 2 (2 digit score)?

• 70-74

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 75-79

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 80-84

• 85-89

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 90-94

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 95-99

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • I don't know, I didn't take it yet!

• Total voters

Harbster

Who cares?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
PLEASE vote ONLY if you are applying to a pathology residency for this year (2005).

This poll is for STEP 2

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to be eating votes. I think we might have a chad problem.

stormjen said:
It seems to be eating votes. I think we might have a chad problem.

No, this is a new one for Step 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
You missed one category: "<70" cuz that's gonna be my score.

deschutes said:
What is the passing mark anyway? I can never keep track of these things. I just go in there, write the exam and hope for the best.

minimum 2-digit score required to pass is 75. what that corresponds to in terms of 3-digit score, i have no idea.

I'm uncategorizeable. Took it, but haven't gotten the score yet.

cytoborg said:
I'm uncategorizeable. Took it, but haven't gotten the score yet.
yep same here. 3 weeks ago to be exact. score report not sent out yet (yessssss!). Feb 23rd fast approaching (yessssss!). Holy donkey's nutsac! I think my plan worked.

AndyMilonakis said:
You missed one category: "<70" cuz that's gonna be my score.

Self-deprecation is nice, but I can see right through you, man!

stormjen said:
Self-deprecation is nice, but I can see right through you, man!
Perhaps he's a closet gunner. They always employ that trick.

I have to admit, if I did the straight MD track I would have been more of a gunner. However, the PhD years really makes a person mellow out so by the time I hit the wards, I was pretty apathetic to the whole gunner ambition thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
cytoborg said:
Perhaps he's a closet gunner. They always employ that trick.

Yeah, he is a TRUE GUNNER......it's quite evident once you meet the man! :p

Harbster said:
Yeah, he is a TRUE GUNNER......it's quite evident once you meet the man! :p
yeah whatever man. for that cheap shot, you owe me a beer.

AndyMilonakis said:
yeah whatever man. for that cheap shot, you owe me a beer.

Nothing wrong with being a GUNNER. :D

I thought Step 1 would be more popular amongst us

AndyMilonakis said:
shut up gunner :laugh:

Look at Andy go!
violent-smiley-006.gif

yaah said:
porkins.jpg

Got a problem here...

Dude........that totally looks like Andy preparing for an upcoming exam! hahaha :laugh:

Harbster said:
Dude........that totally looks like Andy preparing for an upcoming exam! hahaha :laugh:
:laugh:

that was me during step 2.

i look a bit constipated don't i? or i'm trying to hold something in?

it seems that today Harbster has deemed it to be Andy-Bashing day.

you just can't stop can't ya? :laugh:

c'mon man, don't stop now. you're on a roll. :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:
it seems that today Harbster has deemed it to be Andy-Bashing day.

you just can't stop can't ya? :laugh:

c'mon man, don't stop now. you're on a roll. :laugh:

You know, Porkins was basically the only fighter in the group to not survive until the tie-fighters showed up. He was taken out by the guns on the surface of the death star.

yaah said:
You know, Porkins was basically the only fighter in the group to not survive until the tie-fighters showed up. He was taken out by the guns on the surface of the death star.
which was tragic because Porkins was the coolest of all fighters.

AndyMilonakis said:
which was tragic because Porkins was the coolest of all fighters.

I wonder what George Lucas was thinking in naming the only obese x-wing fighter pilot "Porkins." The odd thing is that he sort of looks like George Lucas.

yaah said:
I wonder what George Lucas was thinking in naming the only obese x-wing fighter pilot "Porkins." The odd thing is that he sort of looks like George Lucas.
I wonder if he was even referred to by name in that film. Maybe the star wars fans called him Porkins and it caught on.

Yes, he was. One of the other pilots says, "Cover me, Porkins" when they start their initial attack run!

yaah said:
Yes, he was. One of the other pilots says, "Cover me, Porkins" when they start their initial attack run!
Well shut my mouth. :laugh:

I was at the Philharmonic yesterday evening and in the run up to the Oscars they did a variety of soundtracks, ending with (surprise surprise) Star Wars. It was awesome to hear live!

My only gripe was that they didn't include the cytoborg theme.

Boom boom boom Boom-boo-boom Boom-boo-boom!

And while I was sitting there it occurred to me that there must be different personalities attracted to different instruments in the orchestra, just like in medicine.

I could see how an anesthetist type would be a percussionist, for instance :)

deschutes said:
And while I was sitting there it occurred to me that there must be different personalities attracted to different instruments in the orchestra, just like in medicine.

I could see how an anesthetist type would be a percussionist, for instance :)

I played clarinet in orchestra for years but, if I could do it again, I'd play cello.

stormjen said:
I played clarinet in orchestra for years but, if I could do it again, I'd play cello.
I played viola...but that's because I'm asian...had nothing to do with my personality.

I think my mom assumed I'd always be a nerd; that's why she bought me a clarinet. Gee, thanks mom, way to help my self-esteem!

stormjen said:
I think my mom assumed I'd always be a nerd; that's why she bought me a clarinet. Gee, thanks mom, way to help my self-esteem!
It doesn't mean that you had to turn out all bad, though. For example, there was this one time when I was at band camp...

AndyMilonakis said:
I played viola...but that's because I'm asian...had nothing to do with my personality.

At that time, he decided to trade in his viola only to begain gunning down his classmates over grades...being the competitive weenie he is. :laugh:

violent-smiley-006.gif

Harbster said:
At that time, he decided to trade in his viola only to begain gunning down his classmates over grades...being the competitive weenie he is. :laugh:

violent-smiley-006.gif
that's right.

you done yet? or you got more in that tank of yours?

geddy said:
It doesn't mean that you had to turn out all bad, though. For example, there was this one time when I was at band camp...
geddy breaks out of his shell...

go on now. what exactly happened at band camp. you never told me this on step 2 BS day.

Whatever happens at band camp, stays at band camp...

stormjen said:
Whatever happens at band camp, stays at band camp...
that's not how we play in SDN path land.

there are two rules:

1) don't ask don't tell
2) if asked, you must tell.

AndyMilonakis said:
geddy breaks out of his shell...

go on now. what exactly happened at band camp. you never told me this on step 2 BS day.
Oh, no... not me. I just sensed that Stormjen might have a little wild side in her. :rolleyes:

Hey, did you talk to Dr. McCarthy at Hopkins about playing the viola? He's a mad cellist - really good, I hear.

And how glad were you to pass the step 2 - BS? Five people from my school have failed it... I was so relieved to get that stupid letter. Stupid test. Stupid NBME.

geddy said:
Oh, no... not me. I just sensed that Stormjen might have a little wild side in her. :rolleyes:

Hey, did you talk to Dr. McCarthy at Hopkins about playing the viola? He's a mad cellist - really good, I hear.

And how glad were you to pass the step 2 - BS? Five people from my school have failed it... I was so relieved to get that stupid letter. Stupid test. Stupid NBME.
Yeah I talked to him about it. Mad cello skillz in B'more.

As for the BS, it is absurd to pay $1000 to get a stupid piece of paper in the mail with the word PASS on it. C'mon...give me a score breakdown. I wanna see some numbers. Throw Andy a bone!

Damn step II BS. I want to go and volunteer to be one of the SPs just so I can mess with the system and give everybody 100% grades except the gunners.

yaah said:
Damn step II BS. I want to go and volunteer to be one of the SPs just so I can mess with the system and give everybody 100% grades except the gunners.
I'm coming to get ya yaah!
violent-smiley-006.gif

:laugh:

geddy said:
Oh, no... not me. I just sensed that Stormjen might have a little wild side in her.

A little? :rolleyes:

geddy said:
Five people from my school have failed it... I was so relieved to get that stupid letter.
Gee thanks. Methinks 'tis time to drop weekend trauma rounds and go camp and study OSCE cases.

What's with the X-wing epidemic?

deschutes said:
Gee thanks. Methinks 'tis time to drop weekend trauma rounds and go camp and study OSCE cases.

What's with the X-wing epidemic?

you should study osce. you only got like a week or so left before the big day.

in response to your question,
harbster is fascinated with the concept that andy is a gunner. and he believes that he has found the perfect picture (that stupid x-wing fighter going pyoo pyoo pyoo) to symbolize that. and he's been posting that damn picture all day. so just for him, i made it my avatar.

here's to you harbster! *raises glass*