masters while in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a 3rd year medical student in a 6 year B.A/M.D program (so theoretically a first yr med), and I am interested in perhaps doing a ONE yr masters somewhere after my second yr is over. I was wondering if you all knew of some good one yr masters programs that would primarily help my credentials (residency profile) and secondarily help me grow professionally. I am itnerested in applying toa strong residency program and that is a main reasons why I would like to have that under my belt....that significant?? Also as I said I am in a 6 year program..so we barely have a bacc...(it's a B.L.A)...would that jus' wipe me out of even considering many of the programs? Pls let me hear some feedback. First of all, I mean is it even that significant to have masters and is it looked upon prestigiously and second of all, would I be a strong candidate comming from this program, and 3rdly, what solid one yr programs are out there..perhaps MPH? I would be very appreicative to hear some solid feedback. Thanks so much for your input.

Members don't see this ad.