marquette univ.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dhee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:( Hi Guys

I'm new this site and its very nice to hear and share with u all.I recently applied to 3 univ ,BU,Creighton and Marqutte,since thats the one which has application end date till Mar 1 st.
But from this forum I came to know there is no chance at all to enter into BU coz' many have already attended and got acceptance.
I have an interview with Marquette univ on Mar 31 st.Has any one attended the interview there and i need some info. regarding the paractical test there.Its a 3 years course.I dont know much about the univ.Is it worth studying 3 years there.I have to look into the financial point of view also.
Does anyone has any idea about Creighton univ.have any of u applied for it.If so please give me some info. regarding that too.
I am actually looking out for private loans right now.Is there any organisation which provides loan without a co-signer and i also need info. regading scholarships.Is there anything available like that to foreign dentists.Atleast it can reduce my book cost,if available.
I am from India(chennai),I scored NBDE part-1 -92(Dec 2003),TOEFL-243,GPA-4.0.

I hope u all will give me some advice and information.

Thanks for u r time and help in advance
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

When I requested an application for Creighton, they told me they had no available space for 2004. They told me this around September 2003, maybe things changed afterwards.

About finaid... you should take a look in to the thread "Links of interest...." and FAQ thread. There are plenty of links there regarding finaid advice and lenders.

btw, welcome. :)

Originally posted by dhee
:( Hi Guys

I'm new this site and its very nice to hear and share with u all.I recently applied to 3 univ ,BU,Creighton and Marqutte,since thats the one which has application end date till Mar 1 st.
But from this forum I came to know there is no chance at all to enter into BU coz' many have already attended and got acceptance.
I have an interview with Marquette univ on Mar 31 st.Has any one attended the interview there and i need some info. regarding the paractical test there.Its a 3 years course.I dont know much about the univ.Is it worth studying 3 years there.I have to look into the financial point of view also.
Does anyone has any idea about Creighton univ.have any of u applied for it.If so please give me some info. regarding that too.
I am actually looking out for private loans right now.Is there any organisation which provides loan without a co-signer and i also need info. regading scholarships.Is there anything available like that to foreign dentists.Atleast it can reduce my book cost,if available.
I am from India(chennai),I scored NBDE part-1 -92(Dec 2003),TOEFL-243,GPA-4.0.

I hope u all will give me some advice and information.

Thanks for u r time and help in advance
:confused:

hi dhee,
you have excellent scores. i have applied to marquette too but have not heard from them. when did you apply and do you know anyone else who has got an inteview call? also did they mention how many seats they had for 2004. all the best for your interview.

sanju

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi dhee,
I have applied to marquette but have not heard from them...the fact that Marquette is a space based program and that you have been called for an interview, chances for you are good.
Well, as for creighton, the 1st time i Called them they said that there was no available place for 2004...this was in nov. i called them again in january and they did send me the application form but also sent a letter informing that there was no available place. why dont you call them again and at least ask for the application form
Giffy

Hi Guys

I got application from Creighton around Jan starting,there was a covering letter with it,saying there is no space available for 2004,but it was also mentioned that you can apply for the year 2004,if we get any space we'll call u for an interview.
Is Marquette a good univ.I send application for them on feb 15-th,actually they said the end date is over by feb 1-st,but we happened to go to my father-in-laws death on jan 14-th to india,so we said them about this and we requested them to provide me an application,after that they send me an application.They called me up on feb 23 rd and asked me whether i'm interested in attending interview.i dont know anyone here.I'm learning things from u guys after seeing this forum.
Can anyone please tell me about Marquette univ,if u know about it.

We have had threads about Marquette before. Do a search about it. Also in those threads you'll find a member called DrRob, he's a Marquette graduate. He's usually friendly, you should ask him about it.

Hi Dhee,
Even I had requested for a form at Creiyton,but was informed that there are no seats available for the 2004 batch,as others have already informed.
I think you have quite a good score and should not lose hope at BU and marquette.
BU two thirds of the class is full ,but they have around 15 seats left and also waiting will be cleared.Don't lose hope.
All the very best,

congrats dhee,
you are the only one who has got an interview call to marquette as far as i know. i too had applied to the marquette in october but my application was complete only by nov thanks to the delay by ada to send my part1 official scores. i havent heard frm marquette till now, i havent actually checked my mail properly because i have been travelling till now.
dhee u have mentioned they called u up,is it? do u know any other poeple who have been invited for the interview? and how many seats do they have this year. last time whn i called thm they didnt have any information with thm.
i dont have any idea abt marquette, but whn i called thm up feb first week they said tht sometimes they may have a practical exam ,sometimes not, it really depends on the committe. did they saywhether you would be having a practical exam?
i willpost any other info i know.
good luck

Originally posted by Ann 03
.... they said tht sometimes they may have a practical exam ,sometimes not, it really depends on the committe....

With the IDP application number rising to the sky, chances are they'll have to conduct a practical in order to have more grounds for selection.

Hi dhee,
Congratulations on being called for the interview at Marquette.I have heard from some unconfirmed sourses that marquette is not a good school and it is in a bad and unsafe neighbourhood I would advice you to contact some marquette student (maybe on the dental forum) and confirm.
I might be wrong too:)
take care

:) Hi Ann03 and Pinktooth

Thanks for the details and help.I dont know anyone else who is attending Marquette univ and i dont know about the seats too.I'm damn new to all this and I am not with any information till now.I'm in a research process.
They said me that i have to take chalk carving exam,I dont know what does that mean.They said they'll send me the details.I'm planning to attend the interview may be i can look the places and know about the school by talking with the students.
But as for now.i am not interested in going to a 3 year course and waste another 50K when there are schools which can provide degree in 2 years.So waiting for a call from Boston and Creighton

hi dhee,
i called up marquette a few dyas back to know my appln status. they told me that they had invited a few people for the interview and that rest of the applns were on hold. they have 2 seats for this year. after this batch of interviews if the seats are not filled they will review the other applns. hope that helps. since i do not have an interview call i do not know about the chalk carving test

sanju

Hi Dhee,
I guess they'll ask you to carve a tooth in chalk or maybe prepare cavity in a plaster model.
Just don't make a fuss about anything but do the best with the instruments and models they provide you.After attending CWRU I learnt that more than skills(which people generaaly are atleast avg and which they can improve) they test the candidates ability to work under stress and in a different work environment.
Just be confident and do whatever is asked ,don't question them or justify yourself..
take care and all the best,:)

Originally posted by pinktooth
After attending CWRU I learnt that more than skills(which people generaaly are atleast avg and which they can improve) they test the candidates ability to work under stress and in a different work environment.

pink, on CaseW bench test, did the teachers or graders where present during the test? who was watching over you guys?

Because at UOP, only an employee from the AdOffice was watching us, but she knows nothing about dentistry. So we were basically on our own. Plus, the grader wasn't able to see how do we worked under stress.

I wonder how this works at other school's bench tests.....

Hi Meggs,
At CWRU the Chairman of Operative dentistry was taking care of the bench test.we were four people and he personally attached everybody's typodont and gave instructions.Then three staff members reviewed all our individual preparations at every step.
It was quite technical.
They even commented on individual preps.

No wonder they wanto to watch you "under stress". All those teachers there MUST cause stress!

At UOP the professor locks himself in a room with all the typodonts and loupes and instruments to grade them. Probably this is even more scarier, because no one is telling you how good you're doing or if you can do something different.

I guess both ways are not cool, and the best way, is not bench test at all! :)

Originally posted by meggs
No wonder they wanto to watch you "under stress". All those teachers there MUST cause stress!

I guess both ways are not cool, and the best way, is not bench test at all! :)
Amen meggs:)
But as long as I get admission somewhere I 'll be more than happy..
feeling really anxious..
:(