March Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thompsonae12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the March board for the army for HPSP?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the quick reply. This makes me feel slightly better about my standing.

Just to clarify though, I'm assuming achieved means the scholarship has been awarded and accepted by the applicant. Does pending mean that a scholarship offer has been made or that there are that many active applications that are waiting for board approval? Thanks.

As of 8 Mar
4yr Dental HPSP 70 19 37
3yr Dental HPSP 35 31 3
The numbers are for total, achieved, and pending respectively.

krmover, how did you get that information?

I was on the Feb 7-9 board, but am still waiting on a waiver. I'm anxious to find out.

Thank you for the quick reply. This makes me feel slightly better about my standing.

Just to clarify though, I'm assuming achieved means the scholarship has been awarded and accepted by the applicant. Does pending mean that a scholarship offer has been made or that there are that many active applications that are waiting for board approval? Thanks.
I believe that it means scholarships extended, but not yet sworn in.

krmover, how did you get that information?

I was on the Feb 7-9 board, but am still waiting on a waiver. I'm anxious to find out.

Was your application sent to the scholarship board while you were still waiting on a medical waiver? Or is this some other kind of waiver that you're getting.

I am trying to get a medical waiver (ive been waiting for about 6 months), but my recruiter said I can't get reviewed until I get the "official" waiver back from OTSG, probably in May, which is most likely too late :( . I'll be out 100K for the first year of tuition and then have to hope for the 3 year.

They're just finally sending me for the physical now (even though I don't have the waiver yet?). It's odd that I'm allowed to go physical now without a waiver, even though I wasn't allowed to 1 or 2 months ago without a waiver.

My recruiter always tells me a lot of false things, though, so I"m really curious to hear your situation with the board review and the waiver. It's too bad that we can only communicate about this process through the recruiters. This process is so frustrating! It's been almost 1 year since I started applying!

Was your application sent to the scholarship board while you were still waiting on a medical waiver? Or is this some other kind of waiver that you're getting.

I am trying to get a medical waiver (ive been waiting for about 6 months), but my recruiter said I can't get reviewed until I get the "official" waiver back from OTSG, probably in May, which is most likely too late :( . I'll be out 100K for the first year of tuition and then have to hope for the 3 year.

They're just finally sending me for the physical now (even though I don't have the waiver yet?). It's odd that I'm allowed to go physical now without a waiver, even though I wasn't allowed to 1 or 2 months ago without a waiver.

My recruiter always tells me a lot of false things, though, so I"m really curious to hear your situation with the board review and the waiver. It's too bad that we can only communicate about this process through the recruiters. This process is so frustrating! It's been almost 1 year since I started applying!

My waiver is a moral waiver due to a traffic related incident a while back. My recruiter told me that it should be signed anytime now and that "no news is good news". I trust what he says.

I'm surprised that you have just got your physical scheduled. I did mine way back in August. My guess is that you'll go to get everything else checked out, and to be officially medically disqualified. I was worried about my blood pressure, because it can be high. My recruiter told me that I should go to MEPS and if the reading is high to get officially disqualifed. After that I can apply for the waiver and get bp meds. If, with bp meds, my bp is ok at MEPS then my waiver can be approved. Anyway, my bp ended up being ok at MEPS and I passed my physical.

I doubt your recruiter has any reason to lie to you. If you end up with a 3 year, that's still not a bad deal. I'd be more than happy with either.

Last edited:
I believe that it means scholarships extended, but not yet sworn in.

Allow me to try and muck this up a little more.

Achieved is actually Recruiting Command's term for a complete record that has been forwarded to OTSG and HRC.

Pending usually means that the record has been boarded but needs something like some sort of waiver or scroll to come back.

And just as an FYI this is a moving target. The numbers change almost by the hour. As an example as of 11:00 Eastern Time the Achieved is offically 53 not the 50 that was reported earlier.

Last edited:
Allow me to try and muck this up a little more.

Achieved is actually Recruiting Command's term for a complete record that has been forwarded to OTSG and HRC.

Pending usually means that the record has been boarded but needs something like some sort of waiver or scroll to come back.

And just as an FYI this is a moving target. The numbers change almost by the hour. As an example as of 11:00 Eastern Time the Achieved is offically 53 not the 50 that was reported earlier.

I boarded on Feb 7-9, but my current status is "waiver pending". My recruiter had someone check to see the status of my waiver and I guess they said it should be signed in the next week or so. He said that they obviously liked my packet, otherwise my status wouldn't be pending.

Do you know if my waiver isn't signed in time, and the spots fill up, that I will be missing out on the scholarship? Or is there a spot reserved for me, until the waiver is signed? My guess is that, since I'm technically not eligible without the waiver, and it takes too long to get signed, I'm out the scholarship.

Members don't see this ad :)
I boarded on Feb 7-9, but my current status is "waiver pending". My recruiter had someone check to see the status of my waiver and I guess they said it should be signed in the next week or so. He said that they obviously liked my packet, otherwise my status wouldn't be pending.

Do you know if my waiver isn't signed in time, and the spots fill up, that I will be missing out on the scholarship? Or is there a spot reserved for me, until the waiver is signed? My guess is that, since I'm technically not eligible without the waiver, and it takes too long to get signed, I'm out the scholarship.

It seems by what you are saying that right now because you have been boarded and they are simply waiting on a waiver, they now have one less scholarship for the subsequent boards. However, very soon they will have a 'wait list'. Should someone like you not be able to obtain the waiver, then they would offer the scholarship to someone on the wait list.

It seems by what you are saying that right now because you have been boarded and they are simply waiting on a waiver, they now have one less scholarship for the subsequent boards. However, very soon they will have a 'wait list'. Should someone like you not be able to obtain the waiver, then they would offer the scholarship to someone on the wait list.

I really hope I hear back soon. The wait is killing me.

Anyone know how soon after the board finishes meeting the results are released?

I doubt your recruiter has any reason to lie to you. .

I don't understand why he lies to me either. It makes no sense, although I think for awhile he was trying to get me to drop my application with the Navy. Here are just a few of the highlights of things he keeps telling me:

-"I have two scholarships reserved for me to give out. I have until next october to give them out, so as long as you pass the physical you'll get one." (He just finally kinda admitted this to not be the case).
-"The only way my boss will allow me to submit your file is if you conceal most of your past medical history. You'll never get past the medical portion if you don't lie about it." (Note: I decided not to lie about it. I was still allowed to submit it and am going for my physical soon).
-"3 year scholarships are never awarded. They only become available if people drop out of dental school and are on HPSP. Other than that, don't think you have any chance of getting one."
-"Even if you take a 3 year scholarship, you'll still have to serve 4 years, no matter what.And you won't be allowed to take any other incentive pays after getting HPSP."

My question is: what do they learn in recruiting school??? He is fresh out of school so you think he'd be well versed in the rules!

Another thing that he told me that is really bothersome:
-Well, if for some reason you don't get one of my 4 year scholarships and only get the 3-year, it really doesn't make a difference to me. It will cost you 1 year of tuition money, but that won't change my life. I will still get credit for signing you, even though you'll deal with the recruiting office near your school. Because, as we're taught in recruiting school, "First to contact, first to contract"!

So basically the recruiters don't care and have no incentive to move along our applications. They should really change this part (and many other parts) of the application process. Its amazing how much time and money is wasted on each individual applicant!

I don't understand why he lies to me either. It makes no sense, although I think for awhile he was trying to get me to drop my application with the Navy. Here are just a few of the highlights of things he keeps telling me:

-"I have two scholarships reserved for me to give out. I have until next october to give them out, so as long as you pass the physical you'll get one." (He just finally kinda admitted this to not be the case).
-"The only way my boss will allow me to submit your file is if you conceal most of your past medical history. You'll never get past the medical portion if you don't lie about it." (Note: I decided not to lie about it. I was still allowed to submit it and am going for my physical soon).
-"3 year scholarships are never awarded. They only become available if people drop out of dental school and are on HPSP. Other than that, don't think you have any chance of getting one."
-"Even if you take a 3 year scholarship, you'll still have to serve 4 years, no matter what.And you won't be allowed to take any other incentive pays after getting HPSP."

My question is: what do they learn in recruiting school??? He is fresh out of school so you think he'd be well versed in the rules!

Another thing that he told me that is really bothersome:
-Well, if for some reason you don't get one of my 4 year scholarships and only get the 3-year, it really doesn't make a difference to me. It will cost you 1 year of tuition money, but that won't change my life. I will still get credit for signing you, even though you'll deal with the recruiting office near your school. Because, as we're taught in recruiting school, "First to contact, first to contract"!

So basically the recruiters don't care and have no incentive to move along our applications. They should really change this part (and many other parts) of the application process. Its amazing how much time and money is wasted on each individual applicant!

I'm sorry to hear that man. I'm sure you'll get something whether it's a 4 year or 3 year. Like I said, 3 year isn't so bad.

Maybe you lose out on 1 year of tuition, but you can get out earlier if you want. Also, let's say your 3 years of active duty are up. If you wanted to renew your contract, there might be some sort of signing bonus to help offset the loss of tuition.

Yes, I agree. I will still be very happy if I get to serve in the Army and have them pay for three years of school. It's just so unfortunate that I started the application process so early (last summer) and was so on top of my stuff. Granted I did have a medical problem that set me back, but still, it sucks to lose 100K just because of this crap. So many people applied months after me and have already got a scholarship! That's the part that bothers me most--its not like I was slacking off.
And according to my recruiter, I would not be eligible for any re-signing bonus if I took the 3-year and then re-signed. But then again, I don't believe a word he says. I wish dentists were the recruiters!

Hey guys, you all should start hearing back from your recruiter about your result. I heard back today that I was selected officially, but my recruiter and I both knew that I was going to get it since I was a 2nd LT even before applying to HPSP.

So, if you are still waiting to find out, go ahead and hit up your recruiter. My high-speed recruiter has informed me that it might take one week to a month to find out, but there is a good chance that your recruiter might have the result right now.

Good luck to you all and thank you for joining the Army/ your service.

Last edited:
Hey guys, you all should start hearing back from your recruiter about your result. I heard back today that I was selected officially, but my recruiter and I both knew that I was going to get it since I was a 2nd LT even before applying to HPSP.

So, if you are still waiting to find out, go ahead and hit up your recruiter. My high-speed recruiter has informed me that it might take one week to a month to find out, but there is a good chance that your recruiter might have the result right now.

Good luck to you all and thank you for joining the Army/ your service.

Were you on the March or February boards?

Does anyone know how many scholarships are potentially available for the April boards? I'm really hoping some people turned down Army for Navy or AF!

Has anyone who was on the March boards heard if they were accepted yet?