This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grooveking

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a foreign-educated PT and I got my B.S. in PT last year. My FCCPT evaluated my education to be substantially equivalent to the first professional degree in the US (which was Master's degree). Now I'm thinking of taking a tDPT course to at least be "educationally on par" with the American new grads. But I wanted to ask for some feedback from others who would happen to know about Evidence in Motion's program.

For taking the tDPT, I have 2 options as of now:
1) Utica College's tDPT program (online)
2) Evidence in Motion's Manual Therapy Certificate + tDPT program (online + 4x onsite hands on training)

I originally would take Utica's program but the thought of learning both manual therapy and getting a DPT at once is enticing.

Does anyone happen to know if EIM's courses are indeed effective? I can't seem to find reliable reviews online, and a friend have told me they were too easy compared to Utica's.

P.S. Would anyone know the best program to learn from that can offer both manual therapy knowledge and tDPT? Preferrably online because I want to keep my job near home.

Thank, I would appreciate all the advice and help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I'm a foreign-educated PT and I got my B.S. in PT last year. My FCCPT evaluated my education to be substantially equivalent to the first professional degree in the US (which was Master's degree). Now I'm thinking of taking a tDPT course to at least be "educationally on par" with the American new grads. But I wanted to ask for some feedback from others who would happen to know about Evidence in Motion's program.

2) Evidence in Motion's Manual Therapy Certificate + tDPT program (online + 4x onsite hands on training)

I originally would take Utica's program but the thought of learning both manual therapy and getting a DPT at once is enticing.

Does anyone happen to know if EIM's courses are indeed effective? I can't seem to find reliable reviews online, and a friend have told me they were too easy compared to Utica's.

P.S. Would anyone know the best program to learn from that can offer both manual therapy knowledge and tDPT? Preferrably online because I want to keep my job near home.

You should look at the curriculum of the online tDPT program and see if you think it will add much to your practice. It may not add much value and the cost could be significant.

I have attended several EIM courses and found them to be quite good, with much of their material supported by current literature. You need to remember that they leverage technology heavily and students who are just attending a continuing education course likely only have a small amount of pre-course material to read whereas those attending a tDPT course via EIM are engaged in online grand rounds and have additional assignments that pertain to the subject material, part of which is completion of the continuing education course. So, if your friends only attended the con ed courses, I can see why they would not think they were as rigorous as an online academic course.

There are other institutions where you can use a distance learning format to pursue both a tDPT and manual therpy certification or residency/fellowship training. Some that come to mind are Andrews University (they have a relation ship with www.naiomt.com), and St. Augustine.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a Utica College grad (Bachelor's Degree) and considered going back to Utica to get my tDPT. Ultimately I decided to pursue by tDPT with EIM. I am 2 courses away from finishing and can tell you that the EIM program is excellent. I own a practice and subsequently I enrolled one of my long standing employees in the same program and my full-time DPT in the MTC program. The 4 onsite learning requirements are excellent and I can't say enough good things about them. I am certain Utica has a good offering but the national network of instructors will give you a more diverse group of instructors. Just listen to EIM's Pain Reframed podcast with Jeff Moore, DPT and Tim Flynn, Ph.D., PT to get a deeper understanding for what EIM is all about. ISPI Presents: Pain Reframed Podcast | Hosted by Tim Flynn and Jeff Moore

Reactions: 1 user