Malpractice insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunlioness

Fierce. Proud. Strong
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-

I graduated residency almost a year ago and joined a group practice locally as a full time employee. But now I am actually planning to go solo as soon as I can feasibly do so. I know the first step is getting malpractice insurance, but unfortunately this is something I know woefully little about.

For those of you who are private? How did you figure out which policies were available and decide among them? How much can I expect to pay? Any advice in general about hanging a shingle?

Thanks! :)

SL

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone-

I graduated residency almost a year ago and joined a group practice locally as a full time employee. But now I am actually planning to go solo as soon as I can feasibly do so. I know the first step is getting malpractice insurance, but unfortunately this is something I know woefully little about.

For those of you who are private? How did you figure out which policies were available and decide among them? How much can I expect to pay? Any advice in general about hanging a shingle?

SL

If you're an APA member there is a bunch of relevant stuff accessible throught the website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone-

SL
Where I practice, there is only one company, prices are reasonable and go up. 3500 1st year, 4500 2nd year, 6500 3rd year etc, max about 9000