Making the switch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SexPanther

This could be a problem
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I'm yet another convert to Gas. I've had other posts on this forum as I debated what specialty training to pursue; I have applied to IM, but am currently working on my PS for Gas.

I'm finally on an anesthesiology rotation, and I absolutely love it! You guys know all the reasons why. Even during my IM sub-I, this is the forum I'd frequent to read the cases posted by JPP, Mil, Noyac, UTSW etc.

It stinks to be making this decision so late in the game, but sometimes that's how it works out. I'm freaking out a little now b/c I've got to try and put everything together ASAP. Planning on getting a letter from the PD where I'm at and also using letters from a SICU attending and IM attending. Any other advice?

Looking forward to continued learning with all of you. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Glad you decided before getting sucked into the world of internal medicine. The only advice I have is to get everything in ASAP.

welcome to the dark side!!:cool:
always remember to quieten down and listen to the force, only then a true master of anesthesiology you will become...:D