Making the most of my year off before Physical Therapy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jet34

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there. So I am committed to a DPT program in NYC, starting in summer 2018. I have almost a full year off, and I'm looking to make the most of it. So, does anyone have any thoughts on how I can spend my time, or what I can do to help my career in the future? If you are a physical therapist, what do you wish you could have done with that year off?

I spent last year traveling around Asia and New Zealand and I loved it, so I am trying to travel more (I also intend to pursue traveling physical therapy). I was thinking of getting my yoga certification to give myself more tools when I begin my PT practice. Are there any other certifications I should be looking into? I am open to hearing anyone's experiences or ideas. I just want to get the most out of life experience before I fully dive into my career. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Have fun and enjoy life. Between school and work, you'll never again have that much freedom.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I could go back I would work on stuff like stress management, study skills, and time management skills. I never really paid attention to that type of stuff during my undergrad and it really bit me in the 6 when PT school came around.