Majors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsdude00

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, is mostly everyone thats pre-opto on this site a bio major? If not, what major are you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Health science. I've also met a few psychology and chemistry majors.

I am majoring in chemistry but I am considering changing my major to biology (biomedical science).

I regret not majoring in business from the beginning and just taking the pre-requisite courses. If I were to change my major to business now, it would take me another 2.5 years and I've been in college for 5 years already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am majoring in chemistry but I am considering changing my major to biology (biomedical science).

I regret not majoring in business from the beginning and just taking the pre-requisite courses. If I were to change my major to business now, it would take me another 2.5 years and I've been in college for 5 years already.

Haha I'm the exact opposite. I graduated with a B.Comm last year and now I'm investigating whether I should have gone the Science route. Optometry was always a career choice, but my parents had a significant influence on me completing a B.Comm instead. Now that I'm out, I can give my full attention to this profession.

I'm worse off than you because I took my last Science course 5 years ago. I don't even think I remember how to read a periodic table anymore and I'm going to take my pre-reqs :scared:

Just wondering, is mostly everyone thats pre-opto on this site a bio major? If not, what major are you guys?

I'm a secondary education major in 2005 and am currently working on my second degree in chemistry.

No one wants to listen to me but biochemistry is the way to go! If you like chemistry, then this is perfect because it encompasses bio classes as well which are required for optometry school.

Business... wish i had a stronger science base now that I'm here though

I graduated with a B.S. in Zoology (Pre-health option). The pre-health option at my school is more directed at fulfilling prerequisites for students wanting to get further education in the health science disciplines. It is technically a biology major with maybe one or two different courses.

I graduated two years ago with a BS in Mechanical Engineering with a Bio-med concentration. I worked for a while and decided its not what I really want to do, so back to Optometry school for me!