This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellowtail_Bapsae

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my sights on becoming a pharmacist. I'm in my 3rd year of a 6 year pharmacy program. Unfortunately last semester I failed a class that was a prerequisite for 3 other classes so I have to take them this summer. I've never failed a class before but the thing is I knew this would happen because I was stumbling into depression since the beginning of the semester. Anyways my pharmacy program has a rule of 2 grades below C- = probation and 4 grades = dismissal. I got 3 grades below c- last semester and I'm currently on the verge of failing my pass/fail class right now (two quiz grades below 80 is automatic failure of the course). I failed one already and don't feel great about the most recent one.

I've been preparing myself to switch to another major but I don't know which. I love the pharmacy lab. I've also always loved psychology and kind of regret not going for it at the beginning. It's breaking my heart to know that I might have wasted my time and my mom's money.

What majors are similar to pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad.

Psych sounds good for you. I always recommend going for a less expensive education than RX if you are to fail out. If mom has money left I'd look at xray/pta/cota/rn/ if you still want to do healthcare

Study 24-7 and PASS. Do not fail out of pharmacy school. You can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app