Made an error on PharmCAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmmajor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my PharmCAS application on 12/8, it has verified as of 12/22, and was downloaded by the school last week. I was overlooking the application and realized that I made a mistake. I was a student teacher during the Fall 2017 semester, so I put that under experience. However, I forgot to put the end date. Since I was currently working as a student teacher as of the date of submittal, I had clicked "current". My question is, how do I go about this? Will this hurt my chances? The school is viewing my application so I can't change it now. If they call me in for an interview, what should I tell them? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Just e-mail PharmCas and let them know about the error. They may or may not be able to change it for you. I highly doubt it will hurt your chances.

It's normal for applicants to have updates or changes to their academic history after applying, so PharmCAS has "Academic Update" windows in the fall and spring if you need to update your course history after your application has been verified. PharmCAS will email you when each Academic Update window opens and closes. The Fall Update ends next month (Dec 15 - Feb 15), and the Spring Update window is Apr 17 - Jun 28. This is the kind of thing that you might want to call PharmCAS about directly to make sure this is a change you can make!

Either way, mistakes happen ALL THE TIME on applications, and if a school is interested in you as an applicant, it seems unlikely that one mistake would change their minds. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Woops, I originally stated it ends Jan 15 but it ends Feb 15 (next month)! Thanks for catching that @capri1722 !

Reactions: 1 user
Woops, I originally stated it ends Jan 15 but it ends Feb 15 (next month)! Thanks for catching that @capri1722 !
Oh good, I was worried because I haven’t done my academic update yet because I have an issue I need to work out with the financial aid office first, and I won’t be able to go until at least Wednesday.

Oh good, I was worried because I haven’t done my academic update yet because I have an issue I need to work out with the financial aid office first, and I won’t be able to go until at least Wednesday.
You should be fine then @capri1722 ! Didn't mean to make you panic. :nailbiting:

Good luck on any interview offers you start getting!

Reactions: 1 user
It's normal for applicants to have updates or changes to their academic history after applying, so PharmCAS has "Academic Update" windows in the fall and spring if you need to update your course history after your application has been verified. PharmCAS will email you when each Academic Update window opens and closes. The Fall Update ends next month (Dec 15 - Feb 15), and the Spring Update window is Apr 17 - Jun 28. This is the kind of thing that you might want to call PharmCAS about directly to make sure this is a change you can make!

Either way, mistakes happen ALL THE TIME on applications, and if a school is interested in you as an applicant, it seems unlikely that one mistake would change their minds. :)
I only applied to one school, and I found out I've been waitlisted for an interview :(. I asked the admissions office if I should send updated transcripts thru PharmCAS or directly to them and they said I can send the transcript to them and they will update it. So updating the app thru PharmCAS may be a bit too time consuming and I think I will let them know about the error via email. Thank you

I only applied to one school, and I found out I've been waitlisted for an interview :(. I asked the admissions office if I should send updated transcripts thru PharmCAS or directly to them and they said I can send the transcript to them and they will update it. So updating the app thru PharmCAS may be a bit too time consuming and I think I will let them know about the error via email. Thank you
Ah, perfect. Waitlisted means they are interested and still considering you. Fingers crossed!