Lyon College School of Oral Health & Dental Medicine in Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Time Hoosier

Man. Myth. Legend.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looks like yet another new school is going to pop up. I’m so excited I have goosebumps! What are the odds it’ll cost $600,000 or more? Those lucky predents…

EAC4C3B0-B38A-4450-9C4D-3F86B1AE8369.gif

Big Hoss

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Looks like yet another new school is going to pop up. I’m so excited I have goosebumps! What are the odds it’ll cost $600,000 or more? Those lucky predents…

View attachment 369292

Big Hoss
My guess is the dental and vet schools are Lyon trying everything it can to stay solvent--it's a tiny liberal arts college (500-600) students with falling enrollment and a small endowment ($67 million after a substantial capital campaign--below $100 million is when you begin going into red flag territory, especially with a falling enrollment), and tuition, fees, room, and board for undergrads wouldn't begin to cover operating expenses, even if everyone paid full price (which basically no one does there). I predict we may see more of this, similar to how every school and their brother started pharmacy schools as cash infusion in the 2010s.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
We can be annoying administrators on faculty there BigTimeHoosier

Members don't see this ad :)
We can be annoying administrators on faculty there BigTimeHoosier
They better be willing to pay me top dollar! I ain’t cheap! But then again, let’s not forget what Biggie taught us…

PS: Throw your Rolies in the sky and wave ‘em side to side…

PPS: NYU and USC, my offer still stands…

F6146E62-68AB-41F6-9127-881A20E88675.jpeg

Big Hoss

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Why on earth is Arkansas’ first and very needed dental school coming from Lyon and private funds?

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they are going to follow Roseman's conversion to a 3-year dental program 🤔 Because the dean (Dr. Burke Soffe) at Lyon "currently serves as assistant dean for faculty development and curriculum at Roseman University CODM."