LSU-PM&R Residency program (GOOD OR NOT)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marathon chick

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in applying to LSU's PM&R program. I would like any feedback from anyone who is doing a residency there or has interviewed or done an elective there. I would be totally grateful for any information you can give.
Thanks RJ

Members don't see this ad.

That is an AWESOME program. The attendings are very friendly and laid-back. (A friend of mine applied there two years ago and ranked it second on his ROL. He matched at his first choice and never went to LSU, but he spoke well of it.)

Plus, you get to live in N'Awlins, baby! It's a fun town - I don't know if you've ever been there. When you have free time - which will be OFTEN in PM&R residency - you can hang out on Bourbon Street, or just enjoy a quiet evening of jazz music. Lots of outdoor cafes, broad pedestrian boulevards, the works! New Orleans has it all, my friend.

A great program in a magnficent city. I'm a second-year med student, and LSU's program is high on my list.

rr(!)