Loyola MAMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busybee189

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so I thought I'd create one. I just applied last week, has anyone else heard anything yet? Or have any insight into the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Im really interested in the program. Im taking the MCAT in march. what are stats? im nervous I wont get in because my gpa isn't the greatest

l applied on November 1st and haven't heard back at all. I did call regarding my application status and was told it takes up to 6 weeks for a decision. I guess i'll just keep waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats/when you applied?

Sure!

3.58 ScGPA
3.71 CumGPA

Applied November 15th but last letter of rec didn’t come until December 16th so my application wasn’t considered until then

I was accepted in December, but I'm just now joining SDN! I'm still waiting to hear from some other schools so I haven't decided on Loyola yet but it seems like a great program and I would be excited to go there. I also applied to the MSMP but was not accepted. Is anyone else considering programs elsewhere? If so, where?

I was accepted in December, but I'm just now joining SDN! I'm still waiting to hear from some other schools so I haven't decided on Loyola yet but it seems like a great program and I would be excited to go there. I also applied to the MSMP but was not accepted. Is anyone else considering programs elsewhere? If so, where?

I was accepted to

BU MAMS
Drexel Interdepartmental Masters
Loyola MAMS

Interview at Brown MAMS

Turned down Drexel acceptance and Brown interview for BU and Loyola. But I’m 99.99% certain I’m choosing Loyola because I think they’re the best MAMS program

I was accepted to

BU MAMS
Drexel Interdepartmental Masters
Loyola MAMS

Interview at Brown MAMS

Turned down Drexel acceptance and Brown interview for BU and Loyola. But I’m 99.99% certain I’m choosing Loyola because I think they’re the best MAMS program

I literally just submitted my BU MAMS and Tufts applications today, I'm probably submitting Georgetown within the next week, I hear from Duke on Friday and I have an interview at Wake Forest on Friday as well (NC resident so I thought I should apply to some local schools), but I am leaning towards Loyola as well. Their graduates seem to have a lot of success in matriculating into MD programs, which is the ultimate goal for me! Though I have also heard very good things about BU and Tufts, so I guess I will weigh all my options when I find out from everywhere.

Also, congrats on your acceptances and interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
I got in last week and confirmed that I will be attending!
Loyola MAMS was my first choice post-bac, so it's super exciting!

Does anyone know where people usually live/how feasible is it to live within walking distance to campus?

Does anyone know where people usually live/how feasible is it to live within walking distance to campus?

Congrats on the acceptance!

I’m currently a loyola student so I’m probably going to keep my apartment for when MAMS starts up in the fall.

There are a lot of apartments nearby campus (~5 min walk) so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a place

From what I've read on past posts, people stay in Roger's Park if you want to be super close to campus (but apparently parts of this area can be sketchy) or near the Wrigleyville/Lakeview area if you don't mind a longer commute to live in a nicer area. I don't have any personal experience or knowledge of these areas though so I've been trying to research it as well. I also read somewhere that you should try to avoid living directly south of the Lakeshore campus because this can be a sketchy area as well, but I haven't seen many people speak to that so I'm not sure how true that is.

From what I've read on past posts, people stay in Roger's Park if you want to be super close to campus (but apparently parts of this area can be sketchy) or near the Wrigleyville/Lakeview area if you don't mind a longer commute to live in a nicer area. I don't have any personal experience or knowledge of these areas though so I've been trying to research it as well. I also read somewhere that you should try to avoid living directly south of the Lakeshore campus because this can be a sketchy area as well, but I haven't seen many people speak to that so I'm not sure how true that is.

As a loyola student and someone who currently lives in Rogers Park, it’s the opposite. North side is sketchy, most students live west and south of Loyola. Loyola is in the north side of Chicago so you’re no where near the south side.

Surrounding are of Loyola may mot be as safe but campus police are always patrolling at all hours of the night so students of Loyola are safe

Members don't see this ad :)
As a loyola student and someone who currently lives in Rogers Park, it’s the opposite. North side is sketchy, most students live west and south of Loyola. Loyola is in the north side of Chicago so you’re no where near the south side.

Surrounding are of Loyola may mot be as safe but campus police are always patrolling at all hours of the night so students of Loyola are safe

Thank you! Do you mind if I PM you with other questions about Loyola or living in Chicago in general? I've honestly never even visited so I know next to nothing about it.

Do y’all know if there’s a Facebook group?

Does anyone know the dates for the following:
- orientation
- start of the Fall semester

Hey guys, so I just got my acceptance. I'll share my stats; 3.17 cgpa, 2.82 sgpa, 506 MCAT (128,122,128,128). Not really stellar stats, but I hope that gives hope to some of you out there.

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the acceptance! How long did it take you to get accepted after submitting your application?

For anyone who has been accepted into the MAMS program there is a Facebook group up for Loyola Chicago MAMS Class of 2020!

Does anyone happen to know what % of the class is full as of now?

Hey everyone recently accepted! It's been a rough application cycle, but I'm looking forward being in MAMS with all of you! I've heard nothing, but fantastic things.

Any recent alums or current students want to chime in on their experience? Is class still every Tue/Thu?

Just got accepted on Tuesday! I also was place on the waitlist for Ucinn's program. I'd be very torn on which program to choose should I get bumped up. Does anyone have some recommendations for me or if some current alums could share their experiences about MAMS I would be very appreciative!

Is anyone planning to apply during the masters year? Or are most people applying after the year ends?

Has anyone also applied to the MSMP program and heard back?

Yes! I heard back I think two weeks ago Friday and got in.

I’m leaning more towards MSMP at stritch since it also has the guaranteed interview and is where I want to go

So I wasn’t accepted :(. I received my decision early March. My sGPA is 3.40 and cGPA is 3.51 with a 508 MCAT. I haven’t taken anatomy or biochem and idk if that was what hurt my application.

Also, months later I realized I think I accidentally uploaded the wrong version of my personal statement without any updates to what the school wanted and added to the Statement of Purpose upload. Do you guys think I would be able to reapply again for this cycle as a new application with the correct documents?

Note: Waited this long bc of waitlist.

I recently received word that I have been accepted to this program! Submitted 5/14, heard back today, 5/24. I read that there are MAMS scholarships available. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks!

I recently received word that I have been accepted to this program! Submitted 5/14, heard back today, 5/24. I read that there are MAMS scholarships available. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks!
You mind telling me what your stats are?

does anyone know how full the class is? I'm applying super late and was wondering If I even should if its full already

does anyone know how full the class is? I'm applying super late and was wondering If I even should if its full already
I think there's still room. Just got accepted to both MSMP and MAMS, but will be denying the MAMS

I didn't do MAMS, but did my post-bacc at Loyola University. It was a solid experience. I highly recommend it. I'm glad I chose it over the Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies (I did undergrad at Northwestern).

If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you chose MSMP over MAMS?
Both are great programs. If I only got into one I'd accept either in a heartbeat. The success rates of both programs for getting students into med school is awesome (98% from 2011-17 for MSMP and 96% 3-year matriculation rate for MAMS) but I guess when given a choice, I just saw additional benefits of being at the medical school/taught by med school professors with the MSMP program. I didn't necessarily know all this right off the bat, but spoke with a friend who graduated from the MSMP who spoke about both very highly but pointed out some of their differences.

Hi! Would anyone who completed the MAMS program be willing to share their experience with me?