Low nbme score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toffenutt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, can someone please shed light on my dilemma, I have covered FA once, uworld twice, my scores on uworld is in the 70's to 80's, but the problem is when I took the nbme my score was 250! How can I possibly improve my score in a month? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Smh yeah that's really low. Try playing the dit videos backwards to see where your huge gaps in knowledge are.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A 250 on the NBME practice exams does not equal a 250 on Step 1; it correlates to a much lower score, hence the OPs concern.

Much lower? I was under the impression that an NBME was a pretty good indicator [+ or -5] of how someone will do on Step 1.

Reactions: 1 user
OOh - thats handy. Thanks!
No problem. I reread the OP, "my scores on uworld is in the 70's to 80's, but the problem is when I took the nbme my score was 250!" so either he's referring to the CBSSA score, he's trolling, or there is a HUGE disconnect between his USMLE score and USMLEWorld percentages.

agree,Try playing the dit videos backwards to see where your huge gaps in knowledge are.thanks
6WrS