Low CARS, High sciences and Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frogger27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are statistics on correlation between CARS and USMLE1, but I would like to hear some anecdotal stories.

For reference, I got a 13/7/11 on the MCAT and will be matriculating next year... I know it is way too early to start thinking about step 1, but I am just curious as to how others with a low CARS score but high sciences scored on step 1. Did you feel you had to prep any different?

Members don't see this ad.

You won't be given overly convoluted art history question stems, so your score is irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 user
You won't be given overly convoluted art history question stems, so your score is irrelevant.

lol that is great news.. I hate that section but everyone tends to say it tests your "critical thinking" and your "innate test taking" ability (although I do think you need to be able to critically think to do well in the sciences) so I was curious if people here have scored sh*tty in that section and done well on step 1