Louisiana schools part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monijah said:
I got a letter from lsuno saying basically they have not forgotten about me. What does that mean? Have they looked at my application yet? Is that a bad sign, my application was copmlete in late oct.

I received one of those last year around this time (maybe late January). I was never interviewed.

If you go back a few pages on this thread there were some others who got that letter, I think. Perhaps they'll have more uplifting results for you.

I'm sure they've looked at your app. Your application was late, as was mine last year (I was waiting on the August MCAT) and that hurts- a lot in my opinion.

For instance, I was essentially the same applicant this year. However, I completed my application some time in August, was interviewed in November and later accepted.

While it's certainly not over, be prepared to visit Kennedy/McCluggage in June and ask them what you need to do if you're not accepted this year.

Do what they tell you and I'd wager you'll get in next year. Good luck and try not to get discouraged (I know, easier said than done).

Members don't see this ad.

LSUwannabe said:
I applied only to the LSU and TX schools (8 total schools). I did not apply to Tulane as I felt it'd be very unlikely they'd accept me and neither LSU school would...and I wouldn't have chosen Tulane over either.

I'm a single (2.6 UG GPA so I had to get a Masters to have a chance) re-applicant who spent a decade bartending, getting drunk and intermittently butchering my transcript. My app was OK (research, clinical, volunteering, 29S, 3.7 grad GPA) but many national schools wouldn't give me a look w/ that UG GPA.

Having interviewed late at LSU-S last app year and been waitlisted, I had excellent feedback from them (as in "just reapply, don't change anything and you should get in").

The primary determining factor for me was that I couldn't justify paying 2-3x the tuition at a private school or out of state public. The TX schools are only around $20k or so...which seemed more reasonable while being close too.

In the end, my best chance for acceptance was at the LSU schools...and I didn't care to spend the time/$ on all of those God-forsaken apps again.

By the way, I knew many people who only applied to the LSU schools...most of them reapplicants.

Good luck!

Hey wannabe. We sound alot alike. I did the drinking and bartending thing for a while, then went to nursing school. My cum GPA is 3.12 with a 3.89 since my return to school. I only applied to the LSU schools for many of the reasons that you mentioned: money, married chance of acceptance. I'm hoping my MCAT of 30 gets me through, but I haven't gotten any interviews yet. I didn't take the MCAT until August, so I think the late app. does play a part. I'll definitely be trying again and meeting with the deans over the summer if I don't get in this go around. Congrats on your success.

Shreveport may have a better lecture schedule, but you'll need it with MANDATORY attendance. hehe. ;)

I have often said that I would not wish first semester of freshmen year on my worst enemy. I have talked to more than one person who said that if they had to take Gross Anatomy over, they would have quit. So, enjoy your freedom now! And study hard next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
chameleonknight said:
Shreveport may have a better lecture schedule, but you'll need it with MANDATORY attendance. hehe. ;)

I have often said that I would not wish first semester of freshmen year on my worst enemy. I have talked to more than one person who said that if they had to take Gross Anatomy over, they would have quit. So, enjoy your freedom now! And study hard next year!

I believe they make the first and second years swipe their ID badges at readers in the back of the lecture hall for a record of attendance. My class didn't have to do this but our class officers were tasked with taking attendance, every officer being responsible for one section of assigned seating. We had pretty good attendence until the middle of second year when people discovered that the attendance policy was not being enforced at which point the lecture crowd thinned considerably.

They might have tightened up on attendance because 19 people in the class under mine failed Step 1 (out of a class of 100). Six of them failed it twice and are being dropped back assuming they pass it the third time.

Just for reference, a 94 percent pass rate is considered normal at most schools.

Let me just reiterate that except for lab, medical school is generally self-study. Lectures are mostly superfluous, with first year lectures more and second year lectures less so. If I used all the time I spent in lecture to study I would have probably done a lot better on first and second year tests.

Does LSU-NO have specific days that they interview on? It looked like from the feedback it is mondays, but I wanted to check. Are they flexible in scheduling?

GCS14 said:
Hey wannabe. We sound alot alike. I did the drinking and bartending thing for a while, then went to nursing school. My cum GPA is 3.12 with a 3.89 since my return to school. I only applied to the LSU schools for many of the reasons that you mentioned: money, married chance of acceptance. I'm hoping my MCAT of 30 gets me through, but I haven't gotten any interviews yet. I didn't take the MCAT until August, so I think the late app. does play a part. I'll definitely be trying again and meeting with the deans over the summer if I don't get in this go around. Congrats on your success.

Thanks GCS.

Keep doing the dance and "kiss the ring" when necessary and it'll work out. In retrospect, the entire process seems so silly but what can you do?

Definitely talk to Kennedy/McCluggage...I did what they told me and was accepted. You can't get much more effective counsel IMO.

Siritchy-
I interviewed on a Tuesday and believe they do it M-W...and yes they gave options for other days. I went with the earliest possible.
---------------------------------------------------

Good luck everyone else...and thanks for the insight ChamKNight and PBear!

Seeing as LSU interviews through March (both NO and Shreveport), I was curious to know if anyone has recently received an invite, and/or knows when the next group of invites will be sent out?

mstald1 said:
Seeing as LSU interviews through March (both NO and Shreveport), I was curious to know if anyone has recently received an invite, and/or knows when the next group of invites will be sent out?

Hey I just wanted to loet you know that I saw a few students getting interviewed in New Orleans this AM while I was checking out the Dorms. Good Luck if you are still waiting! :luck:

I was told N.O. interviews until April. I don't know which part of April, but April nonetheless.

LSUwannabe said:
I received one of those last year around this time (maybe late January). I was never interviewed.

If you go back a few pages on this thread there were some others who got that letter, I think. Perhaps they'll have more uplifting results for you.

I'm sure they've looked at your app. Your application was late, as was mine last year (I was waiting on the August MCAT) and that hurts- a lot in my opinion.

For instance, I was essentially the same applicant this year. However, I completed my application some time in August, was interviewed in November and later accepted.

While it's certainly not over, be prepared to visit Kennedy/McCluggage in June and ask them what you need to do if you're not accepted this year.

Do what they tell you and I'd wager you'll get in next year. Good luck and try not to get discouraged (I know, easier said than done).

As I mentioned before, i think the "we havent forgotten about you" letter means its better luck next time. I received that last year and got no interview. Saw Eubanks and did everything they told me, and got the same result. Same letter and no interview. I think shreveport will be great though. And i thought the worst part was over once i finally got accepted. Now i am going crazy with boredom and trying to get through all this financial aid crap just to make it to the first day of class! :eek:

cubsrule4e said:
As I mentioned before, i think the "we havent forgotten about you" letter means its better luck next time. I received that last year and got no interview. Saw Eubanks and did everything they told me, and got the same result. Same letter and no interview. I think shreveport will be great though. And i thought the worst part was over once i finally got accepted. Now i am going crazy with boredom and trying to get through all this financial aid crap just to make it to the first day of class! :eek:

But if that's the case, then why not just send the rejection letter? :confused:
Even if not for our best interests, think of the postage they'd save! ;)

Hey guys!! Just wanted to let you guys know about Shreveport! I know its been awhile but computer had some issues..Anyway, I had absolutely ZERO nerves for the interview after finding out about the NO acceptance! I was surprised at the amount of North Louisianians at my interview - there were 4 of 12 of us who were not from up there. I was up there Monday 7th and Tues 8th. I saw a couple of guys I knew up there so that was cool. I just found out today that I got in. I am so relieved this whole process is over . . . sadly, now starts the FAFSA....OH, are any of yall going to do camp tiger?

Which school are you going to pick? Are we supposed to start the fafsa now?Or wait for the financial aid info to arrive from the school? CONGRATUlations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Termwean said:
Which school are you going to pick? Are we supposed to start the fafsa now?Or wait for the financial aid info to arrive from the school? CONGRATUlations!

I was wondering about that, but I just got all my financial info crap from shreveport a few days ago.

LSUTigerBaby said:
Hey guys!! Just wanted to let you guys know about Shreveport! I know its been awhile but computer had some issues..Anyway, I had absolutely ZERO nerves for the interview after finding out about the NO acceptance! I was surprised at the amount of North Louisianians at my interview - there were 4 of 12 of us who were not from up there. I was up there Monday 7th and Tues 8th. I saw a couple of guys I knew up there so that was cool. I just found out today that I got in. I am so relieved this whole process is over . . . sadly, now starts the FAFSA....OH, are any of yall going to do camp tiger?

Hey, Camp Tiger is probably the only meaningful extracurricular activity you will ever do in medical school. I have a niece with Tetrology of Fallot who does Camp Tiger every year and it is one of the highlights of her life.

Congrats on all the acceptances. I'm planning to go to Camp Tiger in May and it sounds like a great experience. As for FAFSA, I just filed mine and I think we should do it before the school sends info just to have in as early as we can and it also takes takes time to process it. LSU-NO is supposed to send us financial info this month.

Termwean said:

mike,
i talked to the financial aid office in new orleans today and they told me they are about to start mailing out the financial aid stuff. i asked if all we had to do was fill out fafsa and she said that was it. i finished my fafsa yesterday. its not that bad.

has anyone received the "acceptance package" from new orleans. i am guessing that it will come with the financial aid stuff, but i was just curious to see if anyone has gotten it.

cubsrule4e said:
Anyone know anything about this Pre-Matriculation Enrichment Program Shreveport is offering? Is there really any point in going?

I'm pretty sure you have to demonstrate some "disadvantaged" status. Whether that's financial or URM or whatever I don't really know...

Interesting you're paid to go although that $$$ apparently predominantly goes toward expenses.

LSUwannabe said:
I'm pretty sure you have to demonstrate some "disadvantaged" status. Whether that's financial or URM or whatever I don't really know...

Interesting you're paid to go although that $$$ apparently predominantly goes toward expenses.

Well it says if you wish to decline this offer, fill out this form, sign it, and give a reason why you are declining it. Uh...because i dont meet the criteria for being disadvantanged? heh

Termwean said:

I'm going to NO! I'm really excited! One of my interviewers just sent me a personal congratulations note and said she was excited to hear that I was accepted finally. :) I am waiting on my fafsa pin number in snail mail to come in b/c the email I listed to them doesn't exist anymore... :( but i'm going to fill it out asap b/c I have a scholarship app I need it for too.

I'm glad to hear Camp Tiger is worthwhile b/c I think it sounds like fun! I am so excited about being accepted - I can't wait!! Congratulations to everyone!

I haven't gotten the extra info package from NO yet but I know a couple people got it yesterday, so hopefully they'll be coming out soon!

LSUTigerBaby said:
I'm going to NO! I'm really excited! One of my interviewers just sent me a personal congratulations note and said she was excited to hear that I was accepted finally. :) I am waiting on my fafsa pin number in snail mail to come in b/c the email I listed to them doesn't exist anymore... :( but i'm going to fill it out asap b/c I have a scholarship app I need it for too.

I'm glad to hear Camp Tiger is worthwhile b/c I think it sounds like fun! I am so excited about being accepted - I can't wait!! Congratulations to everyone!

I haven't gotten the extra info package from NO yet but I know a couple people got it yesterday, so hopefully they'll be coming out soon!

Hey LSUTigerBaby, glad to hear it. I'm also choosing LSUNO over LSU Shreveport. I haven't gotten the NO package yet either, although it may have been sent to my permanent address in Metairie :rolleyes: It's really weird getting mail all over the place. It's pretty much confirmed, though, that I'm headed back to Louisiana. Once May rolls around, it's goodbye Texas! As for the summer, I'm probably just going to take a vacation and visit relatives in Taiwan.

And cubsrule4e, I heard that pre-matric is pretty cool because you get to work with cadavers and get a head start in classes (without getting graded). But yeah, I'm being lazy this summer.

Good luck to people still waiting. :thumbup:

jh12 said:
Hey LSUTigerBaby, glad to hear it. I'm also choosing LSUNO over LSU Shreveport. I haven't gotten the NO package yet either, although it may have been sent to my permanent address in Metairie :rolleyes: It's really weird getting mail all over the place. It's pretty much confirmed, though, that I'm headed back to Louisiana. Once May rolls around, it's goodbye Texas! As for the summer, I'm probably just going to take a vacation and visit relatives in Taiwan.

And cubsrule4e, I heard that pre-matric is pretty cool because you get to work with cadavers and get a head start in classes (without getting graded). But yeah, I'm being lazy this summer.

Good luck to people still waiting. :thumbup:

I'm debating whether or not to take the summer off too. :) I was just reading some of the old posts and saw you interviewed at NO on Nov 1st. I did too! In fact, I was the only girl. I'm glad you got in right away...it certainly is less stressful. I'll see you again in the fall!!!!!!!!

LSUwannabe said:

Actually, anybody can do do the pre-matriculation thing.

But unless you're really insecure about your abilities, you can probably skip the pre-matriculation program. If they accepted you, especially since they have tightened up considerably after the Class of 2006 debacle, you will do fine.

On the other hand, it can't hurt. If it's free then what have you got to lose except the last totally free summer vacation of your life?

cubsrule4e said:
Anyone know anything about this Pre-Matriculation Enrichment Program Shreveport is offering? Is there really any point in going?

It will give you a real "leg up" in anatomy if nothing else.

Panda Bear said:
Actually, anybody can do do the pre-matriculation thing.

But unless you're really insecure about your abilities, you can probably skip the pre-matriculation program. If they accepted you, especially since they have tightened up considerably after the Class of 2006 debacle, you will do fine.

On the other hand, it can't hurt. If it's free then what have you got to lose except the last totally free summer vacation of your life?

I wonder why the majority of the app deals with being "disadvantaged?" That doesn't make much sense to me. They apparently pay you and reimburse travel expenses...

What's the "Class of '06 debacle?"

I want to know what happened to the class of '06 also....badly

Termwean said:
I want to know what happened to the class of '06 also....badly

19 of them, out of a class of 100, failed Step 1. Seven of them failed it twice and will be rolled back a year. By comparrison, the national pass rate is 94 percent. My class (2005) had six people fail with only two failing it the second time but ulitmately passing it on the third attmept.

This was the second class to go through the "new curriculum," mine being the first, and you can believe there was some finger-pointing and head-rolling in the administration and faculty.

I believe they have substantially tightened up on the 2007 and 2008 classes and kicked them out after first semester if they screwed up no questions asked without the usual opportunity to slime on.

They also instituted that mandatory attendence policy with card readers that I mentioned earlier.

Let me just say that I am only telling you what I heard. If I am wrong then I will be the first to admit it.

Panda Bear said:
19 of them, out of a class of 100, failed Step 1. Seven of them failed it twice and will be rolled back a year. By comparrison, the national pass rate is 94 percent. My class (2005) had six people fail with only two failing it the second time but ulitmately passing it on the third attmept.

Thanks for the info...I'm sure those results went over like a turd in the punch bowl.

Panda Bear said:

This was the second class to go through the "new curriculum," mine being the first, and you can believe there was some finger-pointing and head-rolling in the administration and faculty.

I believe they have substantially tightened up on the 2007 and 2008 classes and kicked them out after first semester if they screwed up no questions asked without the usual opportunity to slime on.

They also instituted that mandatory attendence policy with card readers that I mentioned earlier.

Let me just say that I am only telling you what I heard. If I am wrong then I will be the first to admit it.

Panda's pretty much dead on...my husband is a first year at Shreveport and we have friends in the 3rd year class and that is exactly what we have been told. As for the classes of 07 and 08, some students are still given the chance to come back the next year even after failing a class the first semester. We really like it over here though and are quite glad that we came here over New Orleans; it is a great atmosphere. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Panda Bear said:
19 of them, out of a class of 100, failed Step 1. Seven of them failed it twice and will be rolled back a year. By comparrison, the national pass rate is 94 percent. My class (2005) had six people fail with only two failing it the second time but ulitmately passing it on the third attmept...

From what I'd heard from a faculty member involved closely w/ the curriculum, the numbers were 17 and 5, and those who failed a 2nd time had made "significant" improvements in scores. Regardless, that's still much worse than the previous class's performance. And yes, my numbers are hearsay as well.

Do you guys think that because I have not heard anything from LSUNO or SHRE except that postcard from NO that said still under review that I should take that as a somewhat good sign for next year? I know that there is something in my application that is keeping me from getting an interview (MCAT scores), but yet something keeping them from sending a rejection letter. Do you think I am just being optimistic? In the meantime,I have been studying my butt off for the apr. mcat.

moni, I like optimism. In fact, I'm an optimistic person. I've been complete since late August. I received the file complete postcard and the "we ain't forgot about you" letter late Dec/early Jan. Let's just say I would have preferred a rejection letter instead. I think it's a little rude to lead people on...if, in fact, that's what they're doing.

Stay focused. Study as much as you possibly can for the MCAT. Remain optimistic because you WILL become a doctor.

Thanks 2Tall, but I was just thinking that I don't know of anyone who has actually gotten a rejection letter from LSUNO or LSUS, maybe they are going to send them all out at the end. Does anyone know of anyone that has gotten a rejection letter.

You're probably right. I'm a reapplicant. When I applied before, I received my rejection letter at the beginning of May. Perhaps, everyone receives on then. If that's the case, they should update their process to make it easier for applicants to make other plans.

Has anyone rec'd an interview invite or rejection in the last month?

It's been a long time since I logon to SDN. How's LSUNO class of 09 doing? I think that our acceptance package should be here by the end of this week or by the beginning of march based on past history. I have no clue when financial package is sent out though. For those waiting here is some :luck: :luck: for you. Don't give up hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers.

debvz said:
From what I'd heard from a faculty member involved closely w/ the curriculum, the numbers were 17 and 5, and those who failed a 2nd time had made "significant" improvements in scores. Regardless, that's still much worse than the previous class's performance. And yes, my numbers are hearsay as well.

I am certainly willing to be corrected on the numbers. It was still a dismal performance from the class as a whole but in no way do I mean to impune the whole class of 2006. I have several friends in that class and they are as puzzled as anybody else about some of their classmate's poor showing.

I have to laugh at the grim optimism of any faculty member who takes comfort in the fact that the five students who failed Step 1 the second time made "significant" improvements in their scores...even though they still failed,

The blood turns cold imagining what their original scores were before the significant improvements.

For your information, a passing score is (or was) a 182. The national average was 217 the year I took it with a standard deviation of about 18. A passing score is two standard deviations below the mean or better and a score of about 253 would put you in the top 2.5 percent of test-takers. (Or something like that.)

Panda Bear said:
I am certainly willing to be corrected on the numbers. It was still a dismal performance from the class as a whole but in no way do I mean to impune the whole class of 2006. I have several friends in that class and they are as puzzled as anybody else about some of their classmate's poor showing.

I have to laugh at the grim optimism of any faculty member who takes comfort in the fact that the five students who failed Step 1 the second time made "significant" improvements in their scores...even though they still failed,

The blood turns cold imagining what their original scores were before the significant improvements.

For your information, a passing score is (or was) a 182. The national average was 217 the year I took it with a standard deviation of about 18. A passing score is two standard deviations below the mean or better and a score of about 253 would put you in the top 2.5 percent of test-takers. (Or something like that.)

So basically you need a 250+ to really have a chance at matching your top choices of residencies? That is, at least, for the really competetive fields like ortho.

cubsrule4e said:
So basically you need a 250+ to really have a chance at matching your top choices of residencies? That is, at least, for the really competetive fields like ortho.

Good Lord! No! I would say that anything above a 230 is plenty good enoough to get you interviews in any competative specialty even though some of the most prestigious programs might have higher cutoffs. You certainly don't need a 250 to get an interview at LSU Shreveport for Ortho or Opthamology.

marr said:
It's been a long time since I logon to SDN. How's LSUNO class of 09 doing? I think that our acceptance package should be here by the end of this week or by the beginning of march based on past history. I have no clue when financial package is sent out though. For those waiting here is some :luck: :luck: for you. Don't give up hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers.

My packet from NO arrived Friday. The Fin. Aid office said their packets aren't finished but would be mailed to all accepted students when they're done.

Additional good luck to those in waiting...try not to get discouraged and keep jumping through the hoops!

It'll happen!

Panda Bear said:
Good Lord! No! I would say that anything above a 230 is plenty good enoough to get you interviews in any competative specialty even though some of the most prestigious programs might have higher cutoffs. You certainly don't need a 250 to get an interview at LSU Shreveport for Ortho or Opthamology.

Thank goodness. I'm guessing anything near 250 might be a pretty lofty goal.

Doh! LSUNO sent the package to Metairie. When I called about it, they told me they sent them to permanent addresses because most people were graduating this semester. And I kept thinking: yeah, I will but not until May... doh!

LSUwannabe said:
My packet from NO arrived Friday. The Fin. Aid office said their packets aren't finished but would be mailed to all accepted students when they're done.

Additional good luck to those in waiting...try not to get discouraged and keep jumping through the hoops!

It'll happen!

You have recieved your package already? I haven't recieved mine yet but I will wait until the end of this week before I give them a call. I don't think that they would mail 160 big envelopes in one day!!!

marr said:
You have recieved your package already? I haven't recieved mine yet but I will wait until the end of this week before I give them a call. I don't think that they would mail 160 big envelopes in one day!!!

My acceptance package was mailed to my parents address. But I did talk to the admissions office Monday and they said they would be mailing them out all week.

hey guys --

i'm new to the boards (I've actually been browsing this thread for days trying to read all the posts -- until i realized that it started way back in 2003!!!! So much for trying to be observant!)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone is interviewing next week (Specifically, Tuesday March 1st) at LSU NO??? I am trying to be optimistic although I'm feeling a little nervous about having an interview so late in the process. I wasn't complete until late October, so I suppose it's my own fault if there aren't any spots left....

Anyway, thanks to everyone who shares their experiences/advice/randomness on this thread. it's been a great way to procrastinate on my experiments (i'm a research associate) for the past few days!!!

Jen

jennifermov said:
hey guys --

i'm new to the boards (I've actually been browsing this thread for days trying to read all the posts -- until i realized that it started way back in 2003!!!! So much for trying to be observant!)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone is interviewing next week (Specifically, Tuesday March 1st) at LSU NO??? I am trying to be optimistic although I'm feeling a little nervous about having an interview so late in the process. I wasn't complete until late October, so I suppose it's my own fault if there aren't any spots left....

Anyway, thanks to everyone who shares their experiences/advice/randomness on this thread. it's been a great way to procrastinate on my experiments (i'm a research associate) for the past few days!!!

Jen

I interviewed very late in the interview season at New Orleans. I believe it was either late March or Early April and I was accepted. (Of course, this was four years ago and I decided to go to Shreveport.) Don't worry. They're not just interviewing you for fun. If they didn't think you were a potential student they wouldn't interview you.

LSUwannabe said:
Thank goodness. I'm guessing anything near 250 might be a pretty lofty goal.

I think the highest score in my class on Step 1 was a 246. I don't know this for a fact, of course, as I can only go by what people tell me.

I got a 219 on Step 1 and a 213 on Step 2. Not fantastic scores, of course, but comfortable. I am going through the match for Emergency Medicine which is fairly competative (match day next Thursday) and got eight interviews out of the 24-or-so programs to which I applied. Since I went on every interview I have ranked all eight programs and they tell me that I have the critical mass to almost certainly match in my top three. (Baton Rouge, El Paso, and Little Rock)

I liked every program where I interviewed and other than Baton Rouge where I really, really want to go, ranking the other programs was pretty difficult. I might change my rank order one more time before tomorrow's deadline.

Don't obsess about other people's Step scores or worry about the number of failures in previous classes. As you will find out, the first two years of medical school are largely self-study. How well you do on Step 1 is entirely up to you and the quality or lack thereof of the curriculum should have little effect on your scores.

I understand that a lot of the people who failed Step 1 in the class of 2006 had some arrogance issues which prevented them from realizing the dire peril they were in.

Additionally, at LSU Shreveport you will have almost seven weeks off between second and third year in which to study for Step 1. This is a huge amount of time in which you can read review books and, more importantly, do thousands of practice questions of the type you will find on Kaplan qbank or USMLEWorld qbank.

It might be too early for you all to worry about it but if I could do it all again I'd eschew the review books and spend all of my time doing practice questions. This is, I feel, the only high-yield way to study for Step 1 and Step 2.

You mileage will vary and I certainly am not going to argue with anybody who thinks that reading review books, like First Aid, is high yield.

jennifermov said:
hey guys --

Jen

I just read through the SDN interview experiences and the majority of the questions were exactly the same...

Don't worry about the class being full b/c it isn't. Besides, some spots will open up later. I'm pretty sure if NO wants you they'll fit you in (unlike LSU-S where their 100 spots are fixed).

Just be yourself and try to think happy thoughts :eek: !

Panda Bear said:
I liked every program where I interviewed and other than Baton Rouge where I really, really want to go, ranking the other programs was pretty difficult. I might change my rank order one more time before tomorrow's deadline.

I spent a large part of the last few years volunteering/working there and really enjoyed it. The EM director and other faculty wrote me recs and I doubt it hurt...especially w/ NO.

I hunt w/ several residents and they have a VERY reasonable amount of free time (most months).

Good luck next Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.