Louisiana 4.0 / 511

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

LA-2017

deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're quite likely to get into one of the schools in your state. I'd only apply OOS anywhere you'd be willing to turn down your state schools juicy IS tuition for. Are you really going to turn down LSU for the Drexel NYMC GW types? If not delete them.

Only 46 people from Louisiana(only 12% of their matriculants) left the state for med school last year. You can bet a solid majority of those were a) URMs b) People with stats for top 20 schools. You arent in either category so while some OOS dream schools are fine your expectations should be that odds are you will be in Louisiana for medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Of your List, I recommend:

Drexel, George Washington University, Georgetown, Loyola, LSU New Orleans, LSU Shreveport, Mayo (AZ), New York Medical College, Oakland University, Rosalind Franklin University, Rush Medical, St. Louis University, Sidney Kimmel Thomas Jefferson, University of Miami, Tulane, Virginia Commonwealth, Wake Forest,

Add:
Any DO school
MCW
Albany
Creighton
U VM
EVMS
Rochester
BU
Tufts
Hofstra

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone. I'll be modifying my school list. Any opinions on my chances OOS? I feel a little cookie cutter and don't have anything too outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator: