This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anm2495

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel so annoying because I have been seeking advice on here for the last week or so but I'm completely lost.
I take my DAT tomorrow and I'm so close to canceling it and rescheduling it to December or so....
My problem is that I have already applied to my in state school and they're waiting for my score, but I honestly don't feel like I'm even going to get a 16aa, I'm starting to forget EVERYTHING.
Also, I'm terrible at math and haven't been reviewing. I'm drained and just giving up.
What is your best suggestion? Please help me out I don't know what to do....
Anyone with similar situation that could give me some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

How have you been doing on Bootcamp exams? I think it's normal to feel like you don't know much right before the exam however if you have been doing ok on practice exams you will be fine for the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How have you been doing on Bootcamp exams? I think it's normal to feel like you don't know much right before the exam however if you have been doing ok on practice exams you will be fine for the real deal.

I have taken getting 17-18s on chemistries, 18's on bio, and very low on the math. I honestly don't feel like I'm going to do well. I feel stuck and embarrassed :(

I think you should just go for it tomorrow for a couple of reasons. One, if you end up doing well, you won't have to retake it and you will have a shot this application cycle. If you do badly, you can take it in three months and have another shot. Plus, QR isn't valued as high as the sciences from what I have read on this forum.

I'm sure you won't do as bad as you think. I was also worried because I was averaging about 19 and 18 for biology and chemistry in my Bootcamp practices and I had the same anxiety as you did. I just went in the testing site and took it, and ended up with a 22 AA and TS. I would compare it to waiting to take a shot at the doctors. Just take it and it'll be over. You can do it!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should just go for it tomorrow for a couple of reasons. One, if you end up doing well, you won't have to retake it and you will have a shot this application cycle. If you do badly, you can take it in three months and have another shot. Plus, QR isn't valued as high as the sciences from what I have read on this forum.

I'm sure you won't do as bad as you think. I was also worried because I was averaging about 19 and 18 for biology and chemistry in my Bootcamp practices and I had the same anxiety as you did. I just went in the testing site and took it, and ended up with a 22 AA and TS. I would compare it to waiting to take a shot at the doctors. Just take it and it'll be over. You can do it!!!

Wow that's amazing! Congratulations!!! And thank you for your advice.

One question, if I do terrible will that make me look bad in the next cycle? I have a very high GPA so I feel like dental schools are expecting me to do well. But I just didn't study properly.. I didn't take enough exams and over-drained myself? I feel like if I do bad this cycle and then reapply with a better score, that will make me look bad. What do you think? :(

Well, since some schools are already just waiting for your DAT, I would think that they would just hold off until you do your retake. Personally if I did badly I would become much more motivated and use it to fuel my studying for my retake. Just be sure not to make the same mistakes as you did before and you should be good!

Your GPA is good so I think you will definitely do much better than you are imagining now. A trait of students with high GPAs is that they almost never feel confident before exams haha. They study a lot more to feel more prepared as a result and end up doing much better than average.

Remember everyone feels the same stress. Get a good nights rest because you're going to go in there tomorrow and kick some DAT booty!!!!

Well, since some schools are already just waiting for your DAT, I would think that they would just hold off until you do your retake. Personally if I did badly I would become much more motivated and use it to fuel my studying for my retake. Just be sure not to make the same mistakes as you did before and you should be good!

Your GPA is good so I think you will definitely do much better than you are imagining now. A trait of students with high GPAs is that they almost never feel confident before exams haha. They study a lot more to feel more prepared as a result and end up doing much better than average.

Remember everyone feels the same stress. Get a good nights rest because you're going to go in there tomorrow and kick some DAT booty!!!!

You're so awesome! Thank you thank you thank you for your advice! ❤️

As others have said, take it. The test isn't that difficult, it's just as you pointed out, a lot of material to cover. Just keep reviewing and you'll do fine!

Reactions: 1 user
As others have said, take it. The test isn't that difficult, it's just as you pointed out, a lot of material to cover. Just keep reviewing and you'll do fine!
You're awesome too! Thank you. I'm about to meditate and then review as much as possible.