LORs to AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eddie830

fuggetaboutit
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many LORs can you send to AADSAS? I have 5 LORs I would like to send to the schools, how should I go about sending them? Thanks!

Eddie

Members don't see this ad.

DrTacoElf said:
i believe they will accept up to 5, but i woudl like someone else to verify this.

That's what I thought as well until a friend pointed out the following quote from the AADSAS instructions:

"If the applicant has access to the services of a preprofessional advisory committee, the committee evaluation/recommendation letter(s) may be submitted in fulfillment of the Letters of Evaluation/Recommendation requirement. This evaluation may be in the form of a composite letter or individual letters compiled by the committee. If you do not have access to the services of a preprofessional advisory committee you should submit no more than three letters on your behalf from faculty with your application. It is preferred that at least two of the letters come from science faculty members."

Members don't see this ad :)
Because different schools have different requirements on LORs, AADSAS usually take this into consideration and mostly accept more than the stated 3 LORs limit. For me, I had successfully submitted 6 LORs to AADSAS and they processed them without any problems.

Another slightly offtopic question regarding the LOE form:

Do I need to fill out the Address of Institution or can I leave that blank (assuming the institution is a major university)?

It is best to fill all necessary information, including Institution name, so that they can properly match the documents to your folder.