LORs and Committee Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Malakornge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing a little research at the UCBSO website and saw under their application page that they do not accept committee letters. I am kind of thrown off a bit by this because the school I'm attending now has Pre-professional Health Advisors that have us go committee to get the letters of committee.

I was wondering if there were any other schools that didn't accept committee letters as well. I checked NECO and SCCO and the sites didn't say anything about not accepting them but I just thought I'd ask to be sure. I'm not sure if it's worth all the hassle now to even get the committee letter especially if many schools don't accept them.

Hope this makes sense, I realize the repeating words "committee" and "letter" make things harder to read, haha. I apologize in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would just follow the specific protocol for each school in regards to LORs. IMO, whether the LOR is committee-written or individually-written, it serves the same purpose...to reinforce your strongest attributes to the admission's team. I've served plenty of times on hiring committees for new teachers, and we don't care if the LOR is written from a committee or an individual, we always expect the LOR to be positive ...it's the crucial interview that allows the candidate to truly convince me that he/she is the best person for the job.