LOR Services

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out tonight that the letter of reference service at my school (UCLA) does not accept letters from authors who aren't affiliated with UCLA.

Has anyone else out there had this problem? What did you do? The only things I can think of are 1) see if the author will let the letter be non-confidential, and send it to me, or 2) send the author stamped and addressed envelopes and ask her to send it to the schools herself.

Both of these options obviously suck. What can I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you get this information from? I just had my masters advisor from MCP Hahnemann send her letter to the UCLA letter service and it was fine. As long as they send in the waiver form (with your signature) and follow the directions properly, there should be no problem.

good luck!

One of my teammates who is also applying just told me that at practice tonight, and I haven't had time to ask the career center myself. I know it doesn't say anything about it on the website but they aren't the most reliable so...

That is *such* a relief. Thanks!!

If that turns out to be true, you can always use a third-party letter service. I think there's one called Interfolio.com. Someone can correct me if that's wrong. But you have your letters sent to them and they'll send 'em out for you for a fee per letter/per school (I believe).
It's a good option for someone who doesn't have a school offering this service.

Good luck!