LOR question: Applying to two health professions graduate programs at once

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RespectTheChemistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to medical school in 2023. As it stands, I think I am going to dual-apply to my Plan B graduate heath professional program.

Does it at all hurt the quality of the letter to ask my letter writer not to say "physician" specifically at any point so I can use the letter for both sets of application?

I've never read a LOR to know what they're formatted like or what they say to know if asking her to make it work for two healthcare professional programs would take away from the quality of the letter.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I recommend that you decide if you want to be a physician or your plan B and pursue that route head-on.

If you must dual-apply for some reason (which I do not recommend), ask for separate LORs where they use the appropriate job title for each set of letters.

Reactions: 3 users
It will be clear in a GOOD letter what you are studying/applying for. You definitely need separate letters if you are applying simultaneously.

A generic "this person is good" letter is nearly useless without specifics.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users