LOR Junk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boxer1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this year. I'm getting my ERAS application ready, and I can't find the answer to a few of my questions anywhere. I have a few Letter's of Recommendation from non-Neurologists, and I am awaiting letters from one or two neurologists.

1. Can I submit my ERAS application with only a few (1 or 2) of my LORs, then add the others later without being at a disadvantage?

2. Many neurology programs indicate that they want 3 LORs. Do they limit the number of letters they want to 3 or can I send them 4.

I ask because I'm not sure if I will have 1 or 2 LORs from Neurologists. For example, if I submitted 2 non-neurologist LORs next week with my application, and then sent in 2 more LORs, both from Neurologists latter, would the residency program accept both of them. My main concern is that I think my best LOR will come last, probably in mid October, and I want to make sure they will take it.

Any other advice you may want to offer to a poor MSIV, trying to make it in the big world of Neurology would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You are allowed to send 4 letters.