LoR help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRkam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another LoR question ... I have a total of four LoRs.

Two of them (non-Psych) are ready for when applications go out. Unfortunately the other two (one Psych/one non-psych) have yet to be scanned/uploaded by ECFMG/ERAS.

Is it acceptable to send out an incomplete application on 9/1 to those programs that don't [absolutely] require a Psych LoR?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I've read I believe that it is acceptable.

Last edited:
Another LoR question ... I have a total of four LoRs.

Two of them (non-Psych) are ready for when applications go out. Unfortunately the other two (one Psych/one non-psych) have yet to be scanned/uploaded by ECFMG/ERAS.

Is it acceptable to send out an incomplete application on 9/1 to those programs that don't [absolutely] require a Psych LoR?
Yes, once your stuff is done go ahead and send out your applications. We know that some MDs are late in doing their LORs and don't hold it against the applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, once your stuff is done go ahead and send out your applications. We know that some MDs are late in doing their LORs and don't hold it against the applicant.
I apologize - but do you mean send it out as soon as my application is ready (minus the LoRs) or to wait until the letters are uploaded and my application is considered "complete" ... ?

I am assuming you mean the former, but just want to clarify. I am glad to hear this as one of my letters never made it to ECFMG and I had to ask my writer to resend!

I apologize - but do you mean send it out as soon as my application is ready (minus the LoRs) or to wait until the letters are uploaded and my application is considered "complete" ... ?

I am assuming you mean the former, but just want to clarify. I am glad to hear this as one of my letters never made it to ECFMG and I had to ask my writer to resend!
Send it minus the LORs