LOR from previous employee before starting school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giovanotto

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

Was looking to hear from other 4th year medical students gearing up for residency applications on what their thoughts are regarding uploading LORs from employment prior to starting medical school. I have experience working in various (clinical) labs prior to starting school and have received glowing LORs from them. Was wondering if it would be a good idea to include it in my residency application as a 4th LoR.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,

Was looking to hear from other 4th year medical students gearing up for residency applications on what their thoughts are regarding uploading LORs from employment prior to starting medical school. I have experience working in various (clinical) labs prior to starting school and have received glowing LORs from them. Was wondering if it would be a good idea to include it in my residency application as a 4th LoR.

bad idea. They should be LORs from attendings you've worked with in medical school. No PD cares about opinion of someone who hasn't seen you perform clinically.

Reactions: 1 user
bad idea. They should be LORs from attendings you've worked with in medical school. No PD cares about opinion of someone who hasn't seen you perform clinically.
Even if it's a stellar, 10/10 LOR that shows I'm a hard worker, etc. ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello SDN,

Those letters are no longer relevent. Got to suck up to current preceptors I'm afraid.

Even if it's a stellar, 10/10 LOR that shows I'm a hard worker, etc. ?
Sorry homeslice, you need someone from med school time to say those things. That letter has expired, unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user