LOR from optometrist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optgal96

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I just need one more recommendation letter from an optometrist and unfortunately, it's been difficult because the past ones I've shadowed won't call me back (I've called twice and left a message with their secretary). So I recently shadowed another one and told him my dilemma because he was such a sweet and caring person. I wish I had met him sooner. He told me he completely understood but because our time was brief (about 2 hours), he gave me another option. He wants me to write a recommendation letter for myself and he would look over it and add/remove stuff and have me look at it again for "approval" before he sent it. Are there any issues here I should be worried about? I am sort of desperate because it is the last thing I need before submitting my application. I know schools prefer that applicants not see the letters, but would they even know? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, so I just need one more recommendation letter from an optometrist and unfortunately, it's been difficult because the past ones I've shadowed won't call me back (I've called twice and left a message with their secretary). So I recently shadowed another one and told him my dilemma because he was such a sweet and caring person. I wish I had met him sooner. He told me he completely understood but because our time was brief (about 2 hours), he gave me another option. He wants me to write a recommendation letter for myself and he would look over it and add/remove stuff and have me look at it again for "approval" before he sent it. Are there any issues here I should be worried about? I am sort of desperate because it is the last thing I need before submitting my application. I know schools prefer that applicants not see the letters, but would they even know? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

PM me