LoR from chief resident who became attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Esrat

Reaction score
Hi,
During my rotation the attending didn't get to know me as well and told me his LoR wouldn't be very personalized. The chief resident at that time is now an attending and he was very impressed by me. Would it be appropriate to ask him for a letter too?
(nonUS IMG here)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
During my rotation the attending didn't get to know me as well and told me his LoR wouldn't be very personalized. The chief resident at that time is now an attending and he was very impressed by me. Would it be appropriate to ask him for a letter too?
(nonUS IMG here)
No

Hi,
(nonUS IMG here)
I wouldn't ask him for a letter. It's actually not that unusual for an attending to ask for input on an LOR from residents, since they know that the residents often spend more time with people who are rotating... but I'm not sure there's a tactful way to suggest such an approach to your attending.