looking to transfer to UT southwestern before m3, transfer advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brushthis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm an M1 looking to transfer to UT southwestern before m3? anyone had successfully transfer into 3rd year? my gf goes there and we really want to be near each other. any tips/ contacts/ director emails would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

From where?

Transferring into another school depends on the school more than anything else. Our school (another UT) is very, very reluctant to allow transfers. A classmate of mine tried to transfer to UT-SA to be with his wife, but couldn't get the transfer. She was accepted to our program as a transfer, but it cost both of them a year of school.

Unless you have a very, very good reason for needing the transfer, it will be tough. I think Southwestern is the easiest of the UTs in which to get a transfer, but it will still be a tough thing to do.

I know two girls who transferred from our school(UT-Houston) to Southwestern to be with their husbands in Dallas. I don't know how much trouble it was, but they didn't to make out like it was a big deal. At least one of them is not really happy about the move because it means leaving all her friends and also the rumors that the Southwestern kids are quite different from us, personality-wise. That's probably just talk, though. Good luck with your transfer, we do what we must for the ones we love!

I don't know that a girlfriend would be a good enough reason, you may need to make her your wife or at least fiancee.