This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tickytocky5403

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm taking the DAT in a couple months and I'm looking to buy good DAT study materials! Thank you in advance! Also, any suggestions/advice on studying for the DAT will be greatly appreciated!! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm taking the DAT in a couple months and I'm looking to buy good DAT study materials! Thank you in advance! Also, any suggestions/advice on studying for the DAT will be greatly appreciated!! =)

Hi,

I am also studying for my DAT and I picked up the DAT destroyer. It is a large test book filled with hundreds of practice questions for the 3 science sections and the quantitative reasoning section as well. I recommended it.

I also have a subscription to DATbootcamp which provides you with learning outlines and practice tests, this is a 3 month subscription, I find it very helpful.

For biology I read AP cliff notes and ferralis notes and found them rather helpful.

Lastly I purchased a Chad's video subscription from coursesaver, which I wouldn't recommend that much. He now has a free website and you should check those out instead.

For Chem/ochem - Chad's videos, boot camp, destroyer

Bio - cliff notes, ferralis notes, Barron's -available

Pat/all subjects - bootcamp

DAT destroyer - $150
Bootcamp - $120?
Chad's videos - free for now
AP cliff notes - you can find online
Ferallis - free online

I have also used a Kaplan book and a McGraw hill DAT book and found them somewhat helpful for gaining intro knowledge for subjects, but not as helpful for deeper learning. I found this at the library, so while I wouldn't pay for them I would recommend seeing what your library has.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Qvault bio.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am also studying for my DAT and I picked up the DAT destroyer. It is a large test book filled with hundreds of practice questions for the 3 science sections and the quantitative reasoning section as well. I recommended it.

I also have a subscription to DATbootcamp which provides you with learning outlines and practice tests, this is a 3 month subscription, I find it very helpful.

For biology I read AP cliff notes and ferralis notes and found them rather helpful.

Lastly I purchased a Chad's video subscription from coursesaver, which I wouldn't recommend that much. He now has a free website and you should check those out instead.

For Chem/ochem - Chad's videos, boot camp, destroyer

Bio - cliff notes, ferralis notes, Barron's -available

Pat/all subjects - bootcamp

DAT destroyer - $150
Bootcamp - $120?
Chad's videos - free for now
AP cliff notes - you can find online
Ferallis - free online

I have also used a Kaplan book and a McGraw hill DAT book and found them somewhat helpful for gaining intro knowledge for subjects, but not as helpful for deeper learning. I found this at the library, so while I wouldn't pay for them I would recommend seeing what your library has.

Good luck!
Thank you very much!