This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

followyourheart27

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am certified in CPR and First Aid. However, I want my training in emergency medicine to transcend regular first aid. I have been looking around for something that seems right and the closest thing I've found is to get certified in Emergency Medical Response. However I'm looking for something that I can do without needing to be an employee of a fire station/hospital/community organization. I'm happy to comply to a group schedule, but I cannot seem to find one in which I can participate at all (Well I've found one option, but it cost an insane amount of money). Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I am certified in CPR and First Aid. However, I want my training in emergency medicine to transcend regular first aid. I have been looking around for something that seems right and the closest thing I've found is to get certified in Emergency Medical Response. However I'm looking for something that I can do without needing to be an employee of a fire station/hospital/community organization. I'm happy to comply to a group schedule, but I cannot seem to find one in which I can participate at all (Well I've found one option, but it cost an insane amount of money). Any suggestions?

Are you talking about ACLS or PALS? Not sure if non providers would be allowed in class. And it does cost money.

Look into maybe a wilderness survival cert or go and get your EMT-Basic. That would open up alot of doors for you as far as getting cert'd goes.