Looking for input from graduating super fellows (IC and EP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

methodical

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have perused through this forum and read through various EP vs IC discussions. I am looking for real world (anonymous) examples of the experience current graduating fellows have had in regards to job searches. What is the current market like for each? The demand, offers, practice type, locations, and the job expectations.
Hooping this will spur discussions that will help current first and second year general fellows looking for future directions.

Members don't see this ad.

If you value your quality of life, go for EP dude. I regret choosing IC, all hospitals want are overworked donkeys that can take their STEMI calls.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
There's definitely a better QOL with EP but I'm in love with IC and that is by far the most important. If you're miserable with the idea of waking up to perform PPCI, manage shock, TVP, pericardiocentesis, etc etc, then don't go the IC route. I've joined a group in the Northeast (ideal for me) where I work 4 days/week after 2 years, take STEMI call 1 in 7 or 8 nights, and maybe one weekend every other month. Location will very much depend on luck of which group/academic center is hiring and where they're located. As a strictly coronary operator, it was a bit easier for me than structural fellows who have had a much harder time finding jobs.