Looking for DO SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drthedude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, thinking of a DO SMP, received an MCAT score of 496 (124/124/124/124), GPA's are c:3.45,s:3.33 respectively with an upward trend of last two years at a 3.9 (56 credits worth of upper division science courses), thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why not retake MCAT? If you hit MCAT 502 you will get into DO. Even if you go SMP route you have to re-take MCAT in order for linkage program. I would re-take MCAT and take some upper division science classes.

Agree with everyone else. Fix the mcat.
Definitely use Anki. If it feels uncomfortable to use anki, keep practicing and get used to it.
Anki took me from getting 4's -7's on the old mcat scale (baaaad percentile) to 508 on the new mcat in 1 month (cus I was tired of my job).

But you NEED to do well this second time around. if you feel unconfident by the end of the exam, VOID IT! DON'T SCORE! And then study and retake it.

I voided my MCAT 2 times before scoring the 3rd time, so I ended up with one score of 508 instead of what would have been, scores something like 47X, 47X, 508. That would have been a game ender.