Looking for CME suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LNsquasher

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

I am no longer in a hospital based practice and thus no longer benefit from all of the free and easy tumor board CME credits I used to obtain. In order to meet the annoying ABP MOC requirements, I will have to get all of my CME (and SAMs) from courses. In addition to all of the other stupid requirements like a patient safety course and paying for other CAP or ASCP activities.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the unlimited CME options that are advertised? I get ads for CMEinfo from Oakstone and BoardVitals. Has anyone used these? Are they of high quality and easy to use?

It seems that you can take some credits in other specialties and since my practice is mostly GU, that could actually be somewhat useful.

I am due to take the CC exam next year (ugh) and if any CME courses were useful to that end, that would be a pleasant bonus from my perspective. Thanks in advance for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

the CMEinfo package is great for the state specific requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Uscap is great but expensive.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, my first two year cycle I was pissed to have to pay a ton of money for SAMs. Was very happy to stumble across the ARUP site during my second 2 year cycle.

There are some free SAMs from USCAP to sort of preview how their interactive sessions work in Palm Springs. I'd thought about attending one at somepoint. They offer some videotapes of prior sessions. This is a link to few sessions for free:

Also remember that you can do the CAP Team Member Inspection training for 4.5 SAMs and the CAP Team Leader Inpection Training for 5 SAMS for free.

Also, ABPath recently announced that after 2021 SAM's will no longer be required--just 70 credits of CME for each two year MOC cycle. Seems like you'll need SAM's until the change over though.