Look where Steve Hahn ended up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chartreuse Wombat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1634138991983.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
He's still a rad onc. But now he will just bill one RVU per year and get paid $1+ million per RVU. The code for the RVU is "F**k s**t up."

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
not very impressive. may be also doing some locum work

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Clown. But also encouraging that the best way to advance your career as a RO MD is to have little if anything to do with it.

Flagship Ventures is the venture capital firm that founded Moderna. Their CEO is worth $7 billion. I'm sure Steve Hahn's compensation will have much greater upside than the $1-2 million he was earning at MDA. It's a fantastic, stimulating gig.

I'm glad he's doing something interesting with the late stage of his career. We'd all be better off if other academic leaders were similarly ambitious and didn't squat in their chairs for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
When you drink from the poisoned well
Btw, hes not the only rad onc with his thumb in the pie

Wait until VA prostate seed affair resurfaces

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
This is a total tangent, but is there a thread (there should be a thread) dedicated to dunking on spaceOAR
I would agree with this. I have seen a few less people in my area using SpaceOAR. Is this falling out of favor?

For some reason, whenever people talk about SpaceOAR this is the image that is in my brain. SpaeOAR, space doodie, same thing.

1639067703554.jpg

Look at the website link though! They don't even mention Stephen Hahn as a radiation oncologist, OR a medical oncologist! He went 0/2. Not listed on the website at all.

Not a good look, not a good look at all.

Interesting to see who is listed as being on the board though... Heron, Timmerman, Welsh... UTSW and MDACC to get reflexion soon?

Look at the website link though! They don't even mention Stephen Hahn as a radiation oncologist, OR a medical oncologist! He went 0/2. Not listed on the website at all.

Interesting to see who is listed as being on the board though... Heron, Timmerman, Welsh... UTSW and MDACC to get reflexion soon?

Nah they just want the consulting money

• Haha

I have been told that UTSW already has a Reflexion. Man, they got ALL the toys!

My understanding is that Hak Choy had set it up so that the department gets technical as well. If you have seen their new department it is pretty clear they are flush with cash