Longest eight months!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s42brown

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that everyone says just relax and take it easy as long as you can because once med school starts your life is over, but I can't wait until August. I graduated last Aug so I have a year off of school and am going freaking insane. Anyone else having homicidal tendencies while waiting to start school?j/k :p :p :p

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, chill. I took a year off between undergrad and med school and it was the best thing I ever did. Do everything you ever wanted to do but never had the time for. Read some books that have nothing to do with medicine. Travel. Sleep. Party. Sleep. Do anything but watch the clock and calendar. You'll have plenty of time for that next year.

Bless my wife and the Xbox she bought me for Christmas. No problem killing 8 months for me. BTW, a little Halo will cure those homicidal tendencies.

Members don't see this ad :)
rodger that on the xbox sentiment. if not for halo and splinter cell i would lose my mind. i have taken the opportunity to work out alot, but i think that might make it more depressing when i gain a few lbs in the fall...

on second thought, if this is our worst complaint we have to be doing ok. many of my close friends are still running to the mailbox everyday. can't be too bad if i've transferred from mailbox to xbox...

jeff

Cherish every day of relative freedom. You will soon be swallowed and digested innumerable times by this thing they call medical school.

Originally posted by s42brown
I know that everyone says just relax and take it easy as long as you can because once med school starts your life is over, but I can't wait until August.

My life isn't over.

Sure, my long time girlfriend dumped me, I am flat broke and I don't sleep that much anymore...gained some weight too...but over?

No...not over.

s42brown,
I know what you mean. I graduated Dec '01 and I am just itching to get back into class. I have had alot of time to work, relax, yada yada yada. I am sick of my job and I can't wait 'til August '03. Should I start brushing up on my bio-chem skills? Can anyone suggest some topics to review? How about any other areas of science?

GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO!

Do NOT even THINK about studying biochem, anatomy, physiology, histology, or anything of the ilk!

You won't remember it anyways, it won't make any sense to you to begin with (med school biochem is very different from undergrad biochem), and its simply a waste of time. If I were there, I would smack you all for even thinking of doing that.

What you SHOULD do is:

Work out to stay slim or to get buff because its hard to find time in medical school.

Drink 100 beers in a week.

Play Animal Crossing on the GameCube.

Surf the net like there's no tomorrow.

Drink even more.

Hang out with college friends who are far far away.

Drink your liver silly because its hard to do that in medical school.

Enjoy life!!!! You are getting ready to marry medical school and believe me it's not going to be a pretty marriage...lot of giving and taking (with med. school doing all the taking and you doing all the giving)! So, for the next eight months live life to the fullest...as much fun as med school may seem, do the things that you have always wanted to do now! For instance, I'm taken culinary classes for the next four months...I know it won't help me in medical school, but I won't have the oppurtunity to do this again for at least the next ten years! Also, spend time with friends and family...because your time with them will be brief over the course of the next 2 years (believe I know...I've got a father that was a PCSOM '02).