long term liability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jok200

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at some paperwork for a new job and they give me the option to pay taxes monthly on my disability insurance or not to withhold taxes, thus taking out taxes if and when I use the money. I'm not sure about this, seems not having it taxed now would be the way to go???

Members don't see this ad.

I have been looking at some paperwork for a new job and they give me the option to pay taxes monthly on my disability insurance or not to withhold taxes, thus taking out taxes if and when I use the money. I'm not sure about this, seems not having it taxed now would be the way to go???

I'm pretty sure that if you pay taxes on it, any money that you would draw from it in the future would be tax free....

Conversely if you DONT pay taxes on it, then you would pay taxes on any money that you would draw from it in case of an injury.

Assuming that's how it still works, I would definitely pay taxes on it now....Google should be able to confirm whether I have this stated correctly or not