Long pre-secondary screenings for certain U.C.s?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeyMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long pre-secondary screenings for certain University of California med schools?

I know that if you have stellar MCAT/GPA, you are automatically (sort of) screened in. But does anyone have prior experiences with the U.C. secondary distributions with borderline stats?

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't get an auto-invite or an invite within 1 month of submission, better kiss good bye to UC applications. It's simple, you get auto invite or you get rejected pre-secondary. They have enough applications that they don't need to review every single one of them. Trust me, it comes from 2 years of applying to all UC schools

If you don't get an auto-invite or an invite within 1 month of submission, better kiss good bye to UC applications. It's simple, you get auto invite or you get rejected pre-secondary. They have enough applications that they don't need to review every single one of them. Trust me, it comes from 2 years of applying to all UC schools
:eek:
Sad but I guess it's true. I wonder how they auto screen since my stats aren't even horrible...
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Members don't see this ad :)

Don't lose hope! I was verified early August and just got a secondary today from one of the UCs.
:xf:

They have a cutoff, and then an automatic secondary cutoff.

The ones that aren't automatically sent a secondary application are reviewed by hand before decisions.

All interview offers are reviewed by hand.

mm... how long has it been since you've been verified?

If you haven't gotten a secondary 2 months after being verified.. i think things are looking pretty bad for you

its been one month since being verified and only got love from one UC. So its probably not looking good for me.