Long Island University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EnfieldGal

Scrambling for Deposit $$
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's applying to LIU for fall 2011?

I've heard that interview invites are starting to go out!

Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

My friend got his interview invite yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the interview invite on 1/14/2011 and i picked the date to be on February 3rd at 5pm so i can get it over with. good luck everyone

Can you guys post the stats if you applied and got an interview offer (especially the out-state)?? I read stats that they dont have much out state students :confused:

my stats and applications for fall 2011

GPA: 3.68
PCAT: BIOLOGY: 76 PERCENTILE, chemistry and verbal: 58 percentile, quantitative: 59, low reading score: 10, composite:50.

experience: Walgreen for 3 years, hospital pharmacy for 1 pharmacy
treasurer of honors association, and Phi Theta Kappa member

I'm from a community college in New Jersey and will graduate with honors with my A.S. in May.

I've already interviewed at 4 pharmacy schools so far, got accepted into 2 so far, i have 4 interviews upcoming to look forward to. LIU is not my first choice, i'm going to the interview because it's not far from my house. there is nothing to lose except bus and subway fare.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:)
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in Oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold/deferred
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-ACCEPTED 01/26 AND ATTENDING:love::laugh:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

hope this helps, good luck everyone and congrats to those who got the interview invite.

Last edited:
what the... you have a interview at LIU!? did it come through email or mail?
"i'm going to the interview because it's not far from my house. there is nothing to lose except bus and subway fare."
:thumbup:
How long does it take? does Bergen/Fort Lee have a lot of koreans? Im hoping for a interview at LIU...

what the... you have a interview at LIU!? did it come through email or mail?
"i'm going to the interview because it's not far from my house. there is nothing to lose except bus and subway fare."
:thumbup:
How long does it take? does Bergen/Fort Lee have a lot of koreans? Im hoping for a interview at LIU...

it seems like you don't like what i said up there. it's just the truth. i never sugarcoat anything. if you don't like it, too bad. maybe the train ride takes 1 hour or 2. fort lee has a lot of koreans but i'm not korean. the invitation was sent through email.

it seems like you don't like what i said up there. it's just the truth. i never sugarcoat anything. if you don't like it, too bad. maybe the train ride takes 1 hour or 2. fort lee has a lot of koreans but i'm not korean. the invitation was sent through email.
nope, I was hoping for a interview too. I just want a response from them, reject or interview. Im a bit worried because I havent gotten a mail or email from them.

I just went to LIU last week in person to check up with my application, they said they are sending out invites soon, in 3 weeks. They also said they dont send interview invites through email. So they've been lying to me -___-.

I've been checking my email constantly. Im not angry at you, I just want a response from them (Rejected or not); Im a bit shock everyone is getting a response except for me through email, that's why I said "What the..." (Since they said the response will take 3 weeks) Actually I want to go Fort Lee in the future, most of my friends live in Bergen county.

Edit: btw, congras =]

nope, I was hoping for a interview too. I just want a response from them, reject or interview. Im a bit worried because I havent gotten a mail or email from them.

I just went to LIU last week in person to check up with my application, they said they are sending out invites soon, in 3 weeks. They also said they dont send interview invites through email. So they've been lying to me -___-.

I've been checking my email constantly. Im not angry at you, I just want a response from them (Rejected or not); Im a bit shock everyone is getting a response except for me through email, that's why I said "What the..." (Since they said the response will take 3 weeks) Actually I want to go Fort Lee in the future, most of my friends live in Bergen county.

Edit: btw, congras =]

ok, that's fine. why do you like LIU so much? It's so expensive and it's in brooklyn(bad neighborhood), my friend who is a current LIU student regrets going there. i see you had an interview with university of new england in maine. can you tell me your experience at UNE? I got an interview on march 4 with UNE, i'm debating WHETHER i should go or not. can you give me some insight to it? thanks. i hope you will get an interview from LIU, thanks for the congrats

I have worked with few pharmacists
that are graduated from LIU and I have to say they sux

I have worked with few pharmacists
that are graduated from LIU and I have to say they sux

me too and i have worked with LIU Graduate pharmacist. they do suck. so i concur with you

Members don't see this ad :)
Well anywhere in nyc is good for me. But it seems like Boston will be the best choice for me right now.
I have my interview for New England at Feb 18th. And Boston at Feb 4th (I postponed from jan 14th)
But early decision is good, they are filling their seats on a rolling base. I alway imagined myself living in NJ in the future :p; that's why I only dated NJ girls lol...

Certain part of brooklyn is indeed a bad neighborhood. But the school I go to is 10 min away from LIU. The program at my college was made for pharmacy, we actually had a admissions officer walked in around 2009 and talked to us about pharmacy; I actually got to impress her. I figured she forgot my name by now since I didnt apply last semester (too busy taking physics 2)

LIU is near downtown brooklyn so it is a shopping district, and I could visit my old college; and hang with my friends from poly nyu sometimes. It's also near the brooklyn bridge, and 10 mins away from the city? It would actually take me 3 subway stops to get there from Manhattan (where I live)

All in all, my parents also want me to stay in nyc, and I worked with several of the pharmacist there. Most of them want me to go to LIU, but also stated that they didnt learn a lot there, that it would be better for me to go to out of states colleges. I do think I would grow more out of state, and I really want a setting outside of nyc; I stayed here 18 years of my life, why would I keep staying :laugh:.

But if I do have a chance here, I might take it. Other than that, it's Boston for me hopefully :love:
Edit: the tuition is 30k a year, it's about the same everywhere...

Well anywhere in nyc is good for me. But it seems like Boston will be the best choice for me right now.
I have my interview for New England at Feb 18th. And Boston at Feb 4th (I postponed from jan 14th)
But early decision is good, they are filling their seats on a rolling base. I alway imagined myself living in NJ in the future :p; that's why I only dated NJ girls lol...

Certain part of brooklyn is indeed a bad neighborhood. But the school I go to is 10 min away from LIU. The program at my college was made for pharmacy, we actually had a admissions officer walked in around 2009 and talked to us about pharmacy; I actually got to impress her. I figured she forgot my name by now since I didnt apply last semester (too busy taking physics 2)

LIU is near downtown brooklyn so it is a shopping district, and I could visit my old college; and hang with my friends from poly nyu sometimes. It's also near the brooklyn bridge, and 10 mins away from the city? It would actually take me 3 subway stops to get there from Manhattan (where I live)

All in all, my parents also want me to stay in nyc, and I worked with several of the pharmacist there. Most of them want me to go to LIU, but also stated that they didnt learn a lot there, that it would be better for me to go to out of states colleges. I do think I would grow more out of state, and I really want a setting outside of nyc; I stayed here 18 years of my life, why would I keep staying :laugh:.

But if I do have a chance here, I might take it. Other than that, it's Boston for me hopefully :love:
Edit: the tuition is 30k a year, it's about the same everywhere...

are you talking the Massachusetts college of pharmacy-Boston or northeastern college of pharmacy in Boston? lecom-erie is my first choice, i will be flying to erie tomorrow and have my interview on the 18th of jan. i hope i get into lecom-erie. liu is expensive and four year. i want to get to 3 year accelerated program and cheap tuition so lecom-erie has the total package.

Good luck :D
It's Massachusetts college of pharmacy-Boston. Is northeastern a new pharmacy school?
If I could I would pick St John or Touro. But Touro needs a bachelor's, and St john only accepts high schoolers. Actually most of the pharmacy students from st john are cool :thumbup:.
Boston is accredited, has my hero there (who inspired me to pharmacy, who is maintaining a 4.0 gpa in pharmacy) I choose the Boston campus over the Worchester campus for that reason. I dont think I can survive the accelerated programs...

Edit: I think you should consider LIU too, commuting shouldnt be that bad; I know a lot of people that commute to nyc from nj. It just sucks that the subway prices are raising...

Good luck :D
It's Massachusetts college of pharmacy-Boston. Is northeastern a new pharmacy school?
If I could I would pick St John or Touro. But Touro needs a bachelor's, and St john only accepts high schoolers. Actually most of the pharmacy students from st john are cool :thumbup:.
Boston is accredited, has my hero there (who inspired me to pharmacy, who is maintaining a 4.0 gpa in pharmacy) I choose the Boston campus over the Worchester campus for that reason. I dont think I can survive the accelerated programs...

Edit: I think you should consider LIU too, commuting shouldnt be that bad; I know a lot of people that commute to nyc from nj. It just sucks that the subway prices are raising...

northeastern is not new, but it's in boston. LIU is a choice, definitely not top 3 choices

PCAT: BIOLOGY: 76 PERCENTILE, chemistry and verbal: 58 percentile, quantitative: 59, low reading score: 10, composite:50.

I'm from a community college in New Jersey and will graduate with honors with my A.S. in May.

Thank you for the stats
when did you submit your application???
I first submitted my supplemental with a email address different from my PharmCas email so I never heard back (I think that's the reason since they never reply my email asking why even though it was sent a month ago)
since i assume that's the reason why nothing gets updated to my pharmcas, i submitted another supplemental the night before deadline with an email that matches my pharmcas. I hope it is not too late. :eek::xf:
LIU is not my #1 but I do like how it is at Brooklyn

Thank you for the stats
when did you submit your application???
I first submitted my supplemental with a email address different from my PharmCas email so I never heard back (I think that's the reason since they never reply my email asking why even though it was sent a month ago)
since i assume that's the reason why nothing gets updated to my pharmcas, i submitted another supplemental the night before deadline with an email that matches my pharmcas. I hope it is not too late. :eek::xf:
LIU is not my #1 but I do like how it is at Brooklyn

i think i submitted my application in september

Did more people get interview invites after 1/14?

I know some people that have lower stats than me who got invites..I'm still waiting to hear from them:eek:

Does anyone know how long it takes for Pharmcas to process their application? They say its 4-5 weeks but what happens if they send back the application to you due to missing transcript and the deadline for LIU was jan 5. How long will it take for them to recieve the app if they already started to give out interviewss??

Does anyone know how long it takes for Pharmcas to process their application? They say its 4-5 weeks but what happens if they send back the application to you due to missing transcript and the deadline for LIU was jan 5. How long will it take for them to recieve the app if they already started to give out interviewss??
E Submitted Pharmcas 11/17
Pharmcas send out 12/20
Boston Interview Feb 4 :thumbup:
Long Island University interview Feb 12 :thumbup:
New England Interview Feb 18 :thumbup:
Regis Interview March 4 :thumbup:
Pending PCOM :xf:

So they receieved my application during Jan 03/04 after Pharmcas send out my transcripts. Which usually takes a week; but keep in mind that my application was submitted during christmas break, and most of the admissions were on break. Around Jan 06-09 I got interview invites.

E Submitted Pharmcas 11/17
Pharmcas send out 12/20
Boston Interview Feb 4 :thumbup:
Long Island University interview Feb 12 :thumbup:
New England Interview Feb 18 :thumbup:
Regis Interview March 4 :thumbup:
Pending PCOM :xf:

So they receieved my application during Jan 03/04 after Pharmcas send out my transcripts. Which usually takes a week; but keep in mind that my application was submitted during christmas break, and most of the admissions were on break. Around Jan 06-09 I got interview invites.

A little confused, I submitted my application and everything in september. Confirmed they've received everything. I went to CW Post for my undergrad and graduated with my BS in may. Working on my MS there in the meantime. Graduated Cum Laude. So I did pretty well. PCAT's eh/avg. But still I kind of expected an interview invite... Still nothing.

Every time i've talked to them I get different stories. I figured a little preference given to people that went to/graduated from the university.

The whole process is a little shady and dated. Everything snail mail. Everything very hush hush.

A little confused, I submitted my application and everything in september. Confirmed they've received everything. I went to CW Post for my undergrad and graduated with my BS in may. Working on my MS there in the meantime. Graduated Cum Laude. So I did pretty well. PCAT's eh/avg. But still I kind of expected an interview invite... Still nothing.

Every time i've talked to them I get different stories. I figured a little preference given to people that went to/graduated from the university.

The whole process is a little shady and dated. Everything snail mail. Everything very hush hush.

Mary, is that you?

Lol my bad. Well, I'm in the same boat. I'm currently attending c.w.post and almost everyone got an invite and I'm still waiting for one. Pcat average, with 3.556 gpa.
:confused:

Lol my bad. Well, I'm in the same boat. I'm currently attending c.w.post and almost everyone got an invite and I'm still waiting for one. Pcat average, with 3.556 gpa.
:confused:

Yeah I graduated with my BS in Bio there in may... Working on my MS in the meantime. I mean I've been accepted at 2 other schools. But, I want to at least interview at LIU. It's kinda ridiculous. Meanwhile all the "pre-pharm" @ LIU will get in b4 someone with a degree... don't get it.

Anyone else receive an interview invitation after the 14th?

Still no invite yet. :wtf:

Does anyone know how many they take per year who aren't in their pre-pharmacy program?

Keep in mind guys everyone wants to stay in New York City. There are like 1200 applicants to 206 seats with 370 interviews.

I agree, first they said it was mail, then someone here got it through email; they also told me to give them my official transcript not through pharmcas. People tell you different stuff; in their handbook it said that being a liu student does not increase your chance, only pre pharm does.

Meanwhile all the "pre-pharm" @ LIU will get in b4 someone with a degree... don't get it.
they also said having a bachelor's doesnt give you a advantage in the handbook...

Does anyone know how many they take per year who aren't in their pre-pharmacy program?

I wish everyone luck, Im thinking about MCPHS Boston or LIU as my first choice. I just visited their campus this week,one of the admissions was pretty nice, their gym seems good =x

I'm interviewing LIU ON CHINESE NEW YEAR

I've already interviewed at 4 pharmacy schools so far, got accepted into 2 so far, i have 4 interviews upcoming to look forward to. LIU is not my first choice, i'm going to the interview because it's not far from my house. there is nothing to lose except bus and subway fare.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:)
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in Oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold/deferred
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-accepted on 01/26 and attending:love::laugh:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

hope this helps, good luck everyone and congrats to those who got the interview invite.

They have told me on phone that they give preference to LIU prepharm students.

THEY ONLY TAKE 50 NON-LIU PRE-PHARM STUDENTS?

What a crock...I've got better chances of winning PowerBall than getting in there.

I'm starting to think I've applied to the wrong schools.

yeah, the LIU students pay a lot of money to secure their seats in LIU.
I know a student that had a 3.7 gpa and transfer to LIU a semester before as pre pharm and got in.

Pardon me for asking but why do you guys want to get into/applied LIU anyways? o.o

And before this LIU did not even accept any students from other colleges until recently...

I know a student that had a 3.7 gpa and transfer to LIU a semester before as pre pharm and got in.

Pardon me for asking but why do you guys want to get into/applied LIU anyways? o.o

And before this LIU did not even accept any students from other colleges until recently...

I want to go to LIU because I live in long island, so its very convenient for me to attend there.

Pay to play. I wish I had known that ahead of time.

I applied because it is (relatively) close by, and I thought with a class size of 200 I had a decent shot of getting in. Now I feel like I've waisted time and money on this school. :mad:

Pay to play. I wish I had known that ahead of time.

I applied because it is (relatively) close by, and I thought with a class size of 200 I had a decent shot of getting in. Now I feel like I've waisted time and money on this school. :mad:

why don't you apply to lecom-erie? it's cheap and accelerated and you will have a good chance of getting in?

why don't you apply to lecom-erie? it's cheap and accelerated and you will have a good chance of getting in?
Hey pharmdnj, what do you think of the weather recently? your interview is tomorrow, with all this snow and ice, do you think your interview might be postpone? my interview for MCPHS Boston is on friday... Im hoping to take the bus tomorrow during chinese new year. (the service was delayed today)

I applied because it is (relatively) close by, and I thought with a class size of 200 I had a decent shot of getting in. Now I feel like I've waisted time and money on this school.
try New England Maine! they just extended their deadline! and it's in the new england area. Im sure you'll get into pharmacy school year! good luck!

Last edited:
Hey pharmdnj, what do you think of the weather recently? your interview is tomorrow, with all this snow and ice, do you think your interview might be postpone? my interview for MCPHS Boston is on friday... Im hoping to take the bus tomorrow during chinese new year. (the service was delayed today)

try New England Maine! they just extended their deadline! and it's in the new england area. Im sure you'll get into pharmacy school year! good luck!

I WENT to the interview today, shortest and most informal interview i have ever experienced

So... Since we are coming onto the close of the interviews, anybody want to share their experience?

I WENT to the interview today, shortest and most informal interview i have ever experienced

Well, mine was anything but informal. Tell me are you an LIU prepharm student and what timeframe did you do?