Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAliyah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Loma Linda, or anyone that goes to Loma Linda. Is that a private med school? does it have an undergrade...their website is kinda confusing. Bye.

Members don't see this ad.

It is a private school.

It's a slightly strange school. Loma Linda is a private Seventh Day Adventist institution with the preferences and regulations that you would expect from a religious school. It has a Medical School, a Dental Program, a Pharmacy School (not yet accredited I believe) and a large number of Allied Health programs (which I presume constitutes their "undergrad" program.. though they are also TIGHTLY affiliated with La Sierra and other SDA universities).

They do not tolerate drinking, smoking, drugs or staying out past curfew. You CAN get suspended for breaching any of their rules.

Loma Linda though does have one of the HANDFUL of clinical proton beams in the world which is quite fun to play with.

I think Loma Linda only offers Bachelor's degrees in things like Nursing, etc. It doesn't have an undergrad program in things like Biology or Chemistry. Most Seventh Day Adventists who enter Loma Linda Medical School are from schools such as La Sierra University and Pacific Union College (California), Southern University (Tennesse), all affiliated with the church.

There IS a preference for church members, but they do accept non-members as well for the medical school. Loma Linda itself is a very boring city in my opinion (I went there many times), and is basically dead on Saturdays (Sabbath for Seventh Day Adventist). However, it has a fairly large Asian population (Chinese, Filipinos, etc.)