Program-Specific Info / Q's LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY MOT SUMMER 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else who follows this thread still waiting to hear back? I know myself and another user have been corresponding about it, as well as 3 other applicants that I know in person. Kind of expecting a rejection now, but we'll see!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting to hear back as well! I keep trying to be patient but it's hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
New to the thread.
Don't get discouraged. This was my second time applying to LLU. My first round I did not get accepted. This second try I am happy to say I was accepted.
Even if you don't get in this year, you should apply again this upcoming July. The good thing about this cycle is that I already knew the process and what I needed to do. Also, applying again shows your interest and determination. Just don't give up. It is discouraging but not the end.

New to the thread.
Don't get discouraged. This was my second time applying to LLU. My first round I did not get accepted. This second try I am happy to say I was accepted.
Even if you don't get in this year, you should apply again this upcoming July. The good thing about this cycle is that I already knew the process and what I needed to do. Also, applying again shows your interest and determination. Just don't give up. It is discouraging but not the end.

Congratulations! And thank you for the encouragement. It's rough. What do you think you did differently the second time around?

I've been racking my brain to see where I went wrong because I was pretty confident in my stats before :/

I could be speaking too soon, but it seems as though so many have received acceptances...it's hard to imagine there are many spots left, considering the acceptances that haven't been posted about.

Is anyone else who follows this thread still waiting to hear back? I know myself and another user have been corresponding about it, as well as 3 other applicants that I know in person. Kind of expecting a rejection now, but we'll see!
I emailed Madge asking for an estimate on when I would be able to hear back, and she said either next week or the week after.

My stats were a little bit inder yours. But for me it was not my stats, it was my video. Once I recieved my rejection letter I emailed Madge if it would be possible to get some feedback from my application for next cycle( this cycle). I was told that it was my video that did not show my desire and want to be an OT. This time around, I kept in touch with Madge and Dr. Heather since my rejection received on Jan 2017 till now. I kept updated and had also asked if I could get an in person interview instead of a Video.

Congratulations! And thank you for the encouragement. It's rough. What do you think you did differently the second time around?

I've been racking my brain to see where I went wrong because I was pretty confident in my stats before :/

I could be speaking too soon, but it seems as though so many have received acceptances...it's hard to imagine there are many spots left, considering the acceptances that haven't been posted about.

My stats were a little bit inder yours. But for me it was not my stats, it was my video. Once I recieved my rejection letter I emailed Madge if it would be possible to get some feedback from my application for next cycle( this cycle). I was told that it was my video that did not show my desire and want to be an OT. This time around, I kept in touch with Madge and Dr. Heather since my rejection received on Jan 2017 till now. I kept updated and had also asked if I could get an in person interview instead of a Video.

I see. I feel like that might be the case for me, too. I feel kind of crummy about my video. I'm tempted to ask you to watch it for your informed feedback, but I guess any sort of feedback doesn't matter at this point. The rejection/acceptance will tell.

Last year, did you receive only a rejection letter (versus a letter and an email, like the acceptances)?

I see. I feel like that might be the case for me, too. I feel kind of crummy about my video. I'm tempted to ask you to watch it for your informed feedback, but I guess any sort of feedback doesn't matter at this point. The rejection/acceptance will tell.

Last year, did you receive only a rejection letter (versus a letter and an email, like the acceptances)?
Please do not get discouraged. That was just my personal experience. But I do highly recommend to be in touch with them. Just keep on checking. Remember there is a wait list.
I just received a letter, no e-mail. I did email to get feedback. So no its not pointless, because it does help. I would honestly just get their feedback.

Stay positive!!! Positive thoughts! Positive vibe!! I really hope you hear back.

I put a lot of emphasis on my video as well. I actually had a professional videographer film and edit it for me. Besides that point to stand out, I just made my answers sound very genuine. That's all they really look for since they watch and review so many applicants. Its all about personal experiences and meaningful responses. I also applied very late in the cycle and didn't really think I had a chance. To those who are waiting, please do not give up or lose hope. Not all the acceptances they send out will be the first choice for applicants, meaning spots WILL open up. Just please stay in touch with them, they really love when students make the extra effort. It's not all about grades!

I declined my spot yesterday and I’m sure more people will start declining so acceptances are definitely not over yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I put a lot of emphasis on my video as well. I actually had a professional videographer film and edit it for me. Besides that point to stand out, I just made my answers sound very genuine. That's all they really look for since they watch and review so many applicants. Its all about personal experiences and meaningful responses. I also applied very late in the cycle and didn't really think I had a chance. To those who are waiting, please do not give up or lose hope. Not all the acceptances they send out will be the first choice for applicants, meaning spots WILL open up. Just please stay in touch with them, they really love when students make the extra effort. It's not all about grades!

Wow! It sounds like your video interview was amazing! I felt decent about my answers, but my video quality isn't great...I'm terrible with technology and wasn't sure how to maximize its aesthetic value with my iMovie features!

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement, everyone :) I was told that my application would either be reviewed at last week or this week's meeting, so fingers are still crossed. I was also told that today is the last committee meeting, so I'm just thankful the wait is almost over - regardless of the outcome - so I can move forward accordingly :)

I know the committee is meeting today, but when do you think they'll send out notifications? Do you think they'd do it today or tomorrow? I'm still waiting to find out and hoping for the best :)

Has anyone checked if their videos have been viewed recently?

I know the committee is meeting today, but when do you think they'll send out notifications? Do you think they'd do it today or tomorrow? I'm still waiting to find out and hoping for the best :)

I emailed this morning and asked, and I was told that it usually takes several days for the decisions to be sent to the right department, and sent out from there. :) I'd imagine we'll know by Friday or Monday.

Hello! New to forum. Do you guys think rejection will be sent out in waves or all at once?

Hello! New to forum. Do you guys think rejection will be sent out in waves or all at once?

I'm not sure...I was told rejections are only received via mail, not email. No one has reported a rejection yet in this thread, so I'm thinking they send them out all at once!

Just got my acceptance! In shock right now! :) Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 7 users
im so jealous... :(

So was I with all of the previous acceptances...there is still hope! I was told that it can take up for a few days for all of the acceptances to be notified. Don't lose hope - my fingers are crossed for you!

Congrats on your acceptance! I hope they are still going to send more out... :unsure:

Just joined!

just spoke to Madge and it doesnt looking promising...

she just said most of the decisions were made yesterday and today and it was sent to admissions for them to send out to the students by mail...

I think thats a no. cuz i didnt see any emails :bigtears:

she just said most of the decisions were made yesterday and today and it was sent to admissions for them to send out to the students by mail...

Aw man, I'm really sad right now. : ( You really don't think there a chance still : (

Maybe they will still send a few tomorrow!

Reactions: 2 users

Was there even an alternative/wait list?? I’m so confused

Was there even an alternative/wait list?? I’m so confused
Yeah, aren't people supposed to receive waitlist positions through email too? I'm confused by all this too

Yeah, aren't people supposed to receive waitlist positions through email too? I'm confused by all this too

I'm not sure if everything else is sent by just mail... but there should definitely be an alternate list!

Hi guys! They do usually have an alternative list and they notify you via email if you are put on the list!

Hi guys! They do usually have an alternative list and they notify you via email if you are put on the list!
Great, thank you so much for telling us this! I really appreciate it. I'm stressing big time D ; lol

Great, thank you so much for telling us this! I really appreciate it. I'm stressing big time D ; lol
You're welcome! If you have any other questions let me know. I know the waiting game is tough but hang in there :)

Has anyone received any waitlist emails yet?? I figured we would have heard from them by now

Has anyone received any waitlist emails yet?? I figured we would have heard from them by now
I haven't gotten anything today! Maybe they are still working on sending things out to everybody. Both acceptances and waitlisted (fingers crossed!)

Current students: what is your class schedule typically like? :) (I know it can vary per quarter!). I live about 45 minutes to an hour away (more like an hour, depending on traffic) and I'm trying to see if commuting is at all feasible! I wouldn't want to compromise my academic performance by commuting, even though it would be super helpful to not spend money on housing.

So I called someone from the department today and I don't think they are sending emails out at all. She said that I should receive a letter in the mail soon.. so idk if that means straight up rejection or a waitlist spot.

So I called someone from the department today and I don't think they are sending emails out at all. She said that I should receive a letter in the mail soon.. so idk if that means straight up rejection or a waitlist spot.
Aw man! What did you ask them if you don't mind me asking?
I emailed them and haven't heard back..

I just asked basically when I'll find out if I have been waitlisted or rejected. Because at this point I know they aren't doing anymore regular acceptances. So I guess we just wait to find out on whatever they mailed out.

I'm sure they know what they're doing with the process, but it seems sort of weird to me that they don't send out email notifications for waitlists. I guess that was implemented recently...

My fingers are crossed for you guys!! Wishing you all the best of luck during this waiting period!

Current students: what is your class schedule typically like? :) (I know it can vary per quarter!). I live about 45 minutes to an hour away (more like an hour, depending on traffic) and I'm trying to see if commuting is at all feasible! I wouldn't want to compromise my academic performance by commuting, even though it would be super helpful to not spend money on housing.
Hi! So I commute from about 45 minutes and it is definitely do able! The first quarter in the summer is a lot of driving because typically class is Monday to Friday! However the quarters since then we have had class either 3 or 4 days a week. We always get Fridays off starting after the anatomy class in the summer. Typically days we do have clas can vary but the latest we end is 4 or 5. Start times vary!

Hi! So I commute from about 45 minutes and it is definitely do able! The first quarter in the summer is a lot of driving because typically class is Monday to Friday! However the quarters since then we have had class either 3 or 4 days a week. We always get Fridays off starting after the anatomy class in the summer. Typically days we do have clas can vary but the latest we end is 4 or 5. Start times vary!

This is super helpful! Thank you so much! :)

Has anybody got anything in the mail yet? I haven't but I wanted to see if they've been sent out yet.
I'm feeling down because I feel like people who have been accepted would have heard back b
I just asked basically when I'll find out if I have been waitlisted or rejected. Because at this point I know they aren't doing anymore regular acceptances. So I guess we just wait to find out on whatever they mailed out.
That's so strange that they don't send emails out to waitlisted people.

Has anybody gotten anything in the mail yet? I haven't but I wanted to see if they've been sent out yet.
I'm feeling down because I feel like people who have been accepted would have heard back by now

I still haven't gotten anything in the mail yet either. I keep hoping theres some sort of good news coming.

Unfortunately, I received a rejection letter yesterday. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Unfortunately, I received a rejection letter yesterday. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
I am still waiting on my rejection letter. Sorry to hear about that. What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking